Moral

Thread: Moral

Moral

How is the Moral at Fort lauderdale PD. I'm looking to move down to south florida,and work for FLPD. I just I wanted to hear some feed back from the officers currently working at the department. any info helps

Thanks

moral

morale is ok right now. I recommend looking at all of the departments in the area and then making your decision. We are due for contract negotiations next year and that will be a tell all as to the immediate future of officers in our department considering the new contracts that have emerged in the south florida area. Good Luck!

moral

first of all, moral is NOT ok. Moral sucks right now. 2000 is either new or does not work the road. our agency has many problems.
    the grass isnt always greener.........it is if you live in a desert.

Things are tighten up for you boys & girls @ FLPD. The current administration starting with the city manager needs to take a hike. You’re getting a lot of new people that are content with what they got and a lot of disgruntle slugs that hate everything but do nothing about it. You need to unite otherwise you’re going to end up like MPD. The situation there is bad and morale is in the ground.

run for the hills FLPD

Go North

PBSO is the answer, their matching your pay for certified. Good contract and a very aggressive agency. Good Luck

Re: Go North

Quote Originally Posted by PBSO
    PBSO is the answer, their matching your pay for certified. Good contract and a very aggressive agency. Good Luck
    I know this is going to sound silly but what if you only have one year on ? Will PBSO honor that and match the pay ??

Probably will!!! Give Human Resources a call at 561-688-3000. PBSO is pushing hard for certified officers right now. Growing agency, not only in unicorportated areas but taking over existing police agencies right and left.