Questions//other Agency - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not the chief (but he is a good guy)

Without trying to getting into a tit for tat.....

No matter where you go you will find positives and negatives... All I can say is that the Temple Terrace Police Department has progressively gotten better as far as pay and benefits. They also work in the safest place in Hillsborough County and have back up in a blink of an eye. Take it from someone who has left the agency and is familiar with other local agencies, T.T.P.D is a good place. Temple Terrace P.D. has some of the same problems every agency has but, all in all, you can’t beat T.T. P.D.

I’m quite sure some of the L.E.O.’s that have been around for awhile have a lot of incite into the continued improvement of the department.

Use common sense, work hard, do the right thing and have thick skin (or grow some) and you will do well anywhere.

Good Luck,

:cop:

Thankyou Lt. :mrgreen:

Re: Do yourself a favor and go to Tampa

QUOTE So while on paper it may look like the 16 year officer is making more than the 23 year deputy, you have to deduct over 11% from the officer's paycheck. You also have to add in the shift differential and overtime to the deputy's check. END QUOTE

This is typical of SO recruits these days

your argument makes no sense. I guarantee a 25 year retiree from TTPD will retire at a higher rate than SO. The check will be higher. We can retire at 20, that paycheck will be higher too. Why deduct overtime? I'm matching base salary to base salary. Night differential doesnt work for day shift guys(you idiot) Our benefits far outpace yours. vacation, sick besides your night differential accounts for a max of 2100-2300+ year MAX!!

But you're all caught up in the SO, good for you. why start crap here. Go play in the county and watch out for news reporters when you are screwing off in parking lots.

Re: Do yourself a favor and go to Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    QUOTE END QUOTE

This is typical of SO recruits these days

your argument makes no sense. I guarantee a 25 year retiree from TTPD will retire at a higher rate than SO. The check will be higher. We can retire at 20, that paycheck will be higher too. Why deduct overtime? I'm matching base salary to base salary. Night differential doesnt work for day shift guys(you idiot) Our benefits far outpace yours. vacation, sick besides your night differential accounts for a max of 2100-2300+ year MAX!!

But you're all caught up in the SO, good for you. why start crap here. Go play in the county and watch out for news reporters when you are screwing off in parking lots.
    I mentioned shift differntial because the original poster asked about it. I said nothing about deducting overtime, I said you have to add it to the deputy's check since they get tons of it and we don't. I acknowledged that we get more money when we retire, but ever year they work they take home more. Everyone at the SO and TPD does.

I know you want to make it sound like we get the best pay and benefits around but we just don't and when you imply that we do you are lying. I can tell you are upset by these facts thats why you have to start name calling. Its pretty pathetic to be honest. That just goes to show how upset you are by the truth. (smells adminy again?) But maybe if you stopped lying to people the department would be more respected.

OOOH so you are a TTPD who seems to desparately WANTS to be a deputy. please please please go apply and see if you are happier.

I'll give you a recomendation if you want, I would be working to make things better here, we have it better here but you do not see that. It will get even better when this contract comes our reps get us night differential, and some other things that we would like to see.

You speak of the contribution we contribute MORE because we GET more you are too stupid to save now so you'll have it in retirement. Why you think the two systems don't match up is beyond me. speak to your retirement reps and they'll tell you what you fail to grasp.

No one is lying here to recruits. I am extremely angry over their most recent move, and so is most of the regular officers. you had supervisors all saying they would keep him, 75-85% of the officers disagreed with the move. but life goes on. please don't be a "wounded spirit" just leave now and save us the problems.

The problem is you don't know how good you have it. Do you think you could walk into the Sheriffs office virtually any day of the week and be listened to? doubtful In addition the Chief actually listens. I cannot say too much good for any other admin members right now though. But the leader is the leader here and that counts big in my book.

Bottom Line:

No matter which agency you go to, you will have your goods and bads, your bests and worsts. Good admin, bad admin. Etc. etc. The career you have at whichever agency you work for depends on the officer, and what the officer makes of it.

Every agency has those that will badmouth the agency to no end, and every agency has those that will defend it to no end.

If you want to work for a smaller agency, in a close-knit community where everyone knows everyone else, than TTPD is for you. Do we have our "issues"? Sure, but who doesn't? If you want to work for a large agency, have a better shot at promotion, specialty units, than go work for SO, TPD, etc. It depends on the officer.

BOTTOM LINE - Make the best out of your career, be happy, and be safe.

Thank You

Thank You T.T.P.D. for you posts, I have learned a lot from based on some of the comments. I do work for an agency to where we pay 13% into our retirement, with a 20yr and out at 75%. However, when your making less than FHP...net pay, there is a problem. That is why I was inquiring about your agency, because on the city web site it shows that T.T.P.D. starts out at 39K. Got one more question T.T.P.D. with your retirement taken out of your check. How much is your net pay on a biweekly basis or a month for that matter? I am just trying to compare here.

Well you'll have to do the math, you have your starting pay, and your contribution. you'll have to work that out. Ask the Sgt. when you talk to him.

If you are going to apply I would do it quickly, there is an opening but they don't last long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12