Triple Crown!!! Yippee - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry I'm late

Sorry I was away for a few days seeing my alma mater play one hell of a game with my immature uneducated friends. Sorry you disagree with me sir (I think he already is a SAC, sounds like mine) but I believe that accreditation was created by administrators, for administrators to have a feather in their caps. I can't recall ever being asked by a prosecutor, DC or judge whether my agency has received CALEA accreditation but maybe I should start including it in my pedigree in warrant affidavits and on the stand. I can recall a day that the focus of this agency was doing what we were created to do, assist local law enforcement and putting criminals in jail. Today, we spend too much money and time on things that really don't matter. I also recall 10 years ago or so when we first jumped on the accreditation bandwagon and the $250,000 pricetag attached to it. How much does it cost us now? Can we not "police" ourselves? Why aren't federal agencies accredited if it is so important?

By the way, I'll stay off the "Baffled" poster, he/she has already has show him/herself for what he/she is, uh, I mean yes sir, whatever you say sir, I couldn't agree more sir...

I'mmmmmmm Back....

Your facts are off-- 250K for accredition, HA, that's funny. Show me where it says that for national or state accreditation. Just because I think there's a benefit to accreditation, does not make me a bad person....
    :lol:

I agree accredition is a lot of paperwork, but if an agency takes it seriously, it can help them. Did you know, some agencies have NO policies on anything? Their officers dont know what is considered ok actions by admin. and what is not, and it is totally all over the place. At least accreditation makes agencies have a policy on areas that impact officers. Imagine, not having a policy on pursuits, then you get into one and are fired for doing it, but how would you know since you didnt know what agency policy was?

There's got to be something better to talk about than accreditation... how about "Does Santa Claus really exist?" :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12