fhp ticketing other agencies - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Professionalism
    Fellow Troopers- lets show a little professionalism and not stoop to the levels of those trying to get under our skin. We are better than that.

I have been stopped by Troopers a few times and you guys did not write me a ticket but I did get a written warning once. I'm sure you guys have your own dept. issued quotas for tickets and probably even warnings. I for one am not going to write negative about all Troopers just because of probably a few that have written other officers tickets which I do believe is wrong. No matter what, we all have to take care of each other because regular civilians are not the ones that are going to have ours backs. Stay safe out there guys.

In early 2000 I was pulled over by a FHP motorman for speeding. I told him I was going to the police academy in a week. He gave me a verbal warning and sent me on my way. Not all FHP Troopers are A-holes.

Yah I agree 99% of Troopers are good guys. I'm not proud of this story but here it goes ops: ...I was stopped by a Trooper a few years ago, on my birthday, for speeding. My designated driver got too drunk to drive (go figure) so I had to drive instead. I had a few beers and was put through the SFT's until the Trooper found out I was a fellow cop from up north. He gave me and my drunk designated driver a ride home. Legally, I was over the legal limit BUT the trooper used his discretion and chose to give me a ride home instead. I don't remember his name but he saved my a$$ that night. That night was also the LAST time I have ever had a beer and drove. I learned my lesson the easy way rather than the hard way. THANK YOU to the Trooper who helped me and thank you to all the other hard working Troopers out there!

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Your story represents what our brotherhood truly is. I would like to say Bravo to the trooper who did the right thing. It's rare but when one starts others follow.

Don't drink and drive it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Your story represents what our brotherhood truly is. I would like to say Bravo to the trooper who did the right thing. It's rare but when one starts others follow.

Don't drink and drive it's not worth it.
    FHP is a big, statewide agency. Im sure it happens a lot more than you think or hear about.

ATTENTION: NON-FHP COMPLAINERS/LOSERS

Why don't you go to the message board for your respective agencies and quit *****in' about whether or not you may get a ticket from a Trooper. It's unlikely, but if you display the same attitude roadside as you do here, you probably deserve what you get.

Max u could have said it any better, some of the LEO's get stopped by us trooper an wanna give us a ****y attitude on the roadside, an thats what gets them a ticket. Just because you an LEO doesn't mean I have to put up with your BS, it's my traffic stop & my state, I decide what the outcome will be. shut Up & listen. I've written other LEO's for that same reason, because if I was to get stopped by another police dept. I would not give them an attitude & my favorite is the slap in the face that they pull when as you walk up to there POV the through a badge in your face and say I a P.O, before you say one word.

A "local" agrees

I agree with the last post. Writing cops is generally not wise, but we locals must remember that when stopped by a trooper, it is THIER scene, just as it is OUR scene when we go 97 with a call involving an off-duty cop. If he asses-up, he takes the ride, and I feel no remorse about that. If I shine my hinie on a trooper's stop then I deserve the ticket I get. But, from the posts there seems to be a few troopers who write no matter how polite you are. That is unfortunate and they need to be "adjusted." So....let's all try to treat a trooper, or any cop who stops us the way WE expect to be treated by the public when we go out with something. Remember...we can onlly be as nice a people let us!

You troopers must have such thin delicate skin, I hope that tan uniform helps you moisturize!

Re: A "local" agrees

Quote Originally Posted by guest 007
    I agree with the last post. Writing cops is generally not wise, but we locals must remember that when stopped by a trooper, it is THIER scene, just as it is OUR scene when we go 97 with a call involving an off-duty cop. If he asses-up, he takes the ride, and I feel no remorse about that. If I shine my hinie on a trooper's stop then I deserve the ticket I get. But, from the posts there seems to be a few troopers who write no matter how polite you are. That is unfortunate and they need to be "adjusted." So....let's all try to treat a trooper, or any cop who stops us the way WE expect to be treated by the public when we go out with something. Remember...we can onlly be as nice a people let us!
    I agree 100% with this.......Show a Trooper the same respect YOU would expect form anyone else.....remember...you WERE WRONG or you wouldnt have been stopped in the 1st place. Dont throw the badge in their face....be a LITTLE tactfull anyway ! ! ! And for Mr ThinSkin...be nice ! ! I think their uniform looks GREAT after loosing the cobwoy hats ! !

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast