fhp ticketing other agencies - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Easy folks ! !

Ok come on now....Lets all calm down a little. Us calling each other names won’t fix the problem. Cops, be they City, County, State or Federal are all brothers and sisters. ANY of us could end up on the National LEO Memorial Wall at any time. We all stick out necks out in one way or another, some locations are just more hazardous than others. In the grand scheme of Law Enforcement activities, I feel ticket writing is a little ways down the list for most cops. If you chose to work traffic, more power to you. There is a need for this type of enforcement as well. We all exercise our discretion in one way or another many times in our careers. How about lightening up on each other and no one write ANY cop a cite, or even a warning. Please be polite and cooperative and remember the driver was wrong or he/she wouldn’t have been stopped in the 1st place. ATTITUDE is important. Why would anyone give their brother/sister officer a hard time for doing the job? Be polite and tactfully slide in that you are a cop as well. We are NOT above the law, but we DO have discretion. If we don’t take care of each other, who will??

Veteran

When I find my self being pulled over I just advise the Officer/Deputy/Trooper that I have a Signal 0. There first response has always been where. I tell them the glove box. Then they ask me who I work for. It has worked six times. I know I know bad me. Once I had a trooper pull me over in an undercover Impala chiefs car. Going 98 Mph in a 65. I had just left the panhandle for hurricane coverage and had to be at work at 0600 it was 2200 at the time. I was in uniform and when the trooper came up he said I'm not going to write you. But why are you going so fast. I explained and he said stay safe and told me he would send out a Msg to his fellow troopers to let me fly. Thnak you sir.

GOOD JOB

I have to agree with POLKSO's post.....That guy SCREAMED AND BEGGED for his cite. HOW DARE he treat another cop like that ! ! Professional Courtesy is a privilege, NOT a right. Its something we as LEO's do as a courtesy to each other. We do not have to do it at all. But it IS nice to give it, AND receive it as well. The attitude presented at the time of stop will have a lot to do with it. If you get stopped, remember this.....You were speeding or did whatever to get stopped in the 1st place. Or did the Trooper/Deputy/ Officer make it all up??? I have never been forced to write a fellow cop, but I DID have to arrest one once for Domestic Violence. I was not about to get myself in a jam because some guy had too much to drink and decided to knock his wife’s front teeth out. Believe me, it was not a good feeling, but it WAS the right thing to do. In the grand scheme of things, traffic tickets are at the bottom of the totem pole, or close to it anyway, so we can easily use our discretion. Lets all make a deal right here and now. If we stop a brother/sister LEO, and there are no injuries or property damage involved, lets all give each other a break as long as the attitude is deserving. And on the other hand, lets all MAKE DAMN SURE we have the right attitude if we get stopped. Attitude goes a long way. Remember, Professional Courtesy is a Privilege, NOT A RIGHT ! !

Domestic violence is a lot different than a little traffic violation. A LOT DIFFERENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northern cop
    Domestic violence is a lot different than a little traffic violation. A LOT DIFFERENT!!!
    If you are an arsehole during a traffic stop or a domestic violence dispute, you can probably expect to get whats coming to you. Hey northern cop, if I as a florida leo drove up to your jurisdiction and was going fast enough for your to pull me over, and gave you a ration of s%!t over you pulling me over, you wouldnt stoke my arse, I doubt it.

NO, I wouldn't stroke you because I was taught the RIGHT way of helping out my brothers. There is such a thing called BROTHERHOOD that is alive and well up here. In the 10 years that I have been a cop, I have stopped COUNTLESS and I mean countless cops from everywhere and have NOT stroked any of them. A couple of them were flaming a$$holes but I chalked it up to them having a bad day. The thought of writing them NEVER crossed my mind! You just don't write other cops PERIOD! If you do that $hit up here we take you out behind the PD and "staighten your a$$ out"! PERIOD! Does that answer your question?

I have to agree

This is one thing i must agree on. The "brotherhod is MUCH more closely knit up north. I dont know why, but it is not so tight here. Its a shame too.
    If you look at some of the complaints here, and the way some supposed cops talk to other cops....its evident there is a problem. But I try to do my part and protect my brothers. I know i would feel like a real jack-off if i learned the cop i wrote a ticket to ended up on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Wall.

Some of you all act like 2 year olds in the sandbox.
    FHP just let me off the other day and I work for a different agency.
    He could have been a real a$$ let me be the first to tell you.
    But he wasnt.
    Stop whining.
    I was actually waiting to get my ticket and I wasnt going to complain.
    There are super troopers in every department who have to stroke the pen because they arent stroking anything at home.
    God Bless and Stay Safe.
    Protect those that protect you!
    This job is hard enough.
    Thanks for taking care of me and not sticking it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by northern cop
    NO, I wouldn't stroke you because I was taught the RIGHT way of helping out my brothers. There is such a thing called BROTHERHOOD that is alive and well up here. In the 10 years that I have been a cop, I have stopped COUNTLESS and I mean countless cops from everywhere and have NOT stroked any of them. A couple of them were flaming a$$holes but I chalked it up to them having a bad day. The thought of writing them NEVER crossed my mind! You just don't write other cops PERIOD! If you do that $hit up here we take you out behind the PD and "staighten your a$$ out"! PERIOD! Does that answer your question?
    You answered my question and I must say I'm surprised. I have been in law enforcement for 19 years and like you I have stopped probably hundreds of off-duty leo's. Out of all the ones I have stopped, I have written maybe 3. These guys were such arses they did everything but fill the ticket out for me. Sorry if this offends someone out there but you wouldnt go into court and say that sorry mother f#$%er sitting right there is guilty as hell to a jury. We are all professionals, we should act accordingly. Its bad enough to bust the balls of a fellow leo by making him run you down, but to be an arsehole about it. Some people have no business in law enforcement and are in it for the wrong reasons and that seems to be the ones that will bust your balls before and after you stop them. I guess us southerners do not condone bad behavior, no matter who you are.

I'm on the JOB!

In my 15 years of Law Enforcement I have been stopped probably 8 times. I obey the traffic laws 99.9 % of the time. In that last .1% I was not paying attention or was in a hurry because of a family situation.

When I was stopped I "Identified" myself as a police officer by saying "I'm on the Job". We all know what the job is and that should be the end of it.

In the 8 stops, every officer appreciated the apology and the remorse of my mistake. I am grateful for this job and for what it has done for me and my family.

If we take care of each other like we do when one of us gets hurt. All will be fine.

Type A personalities and the "macho" attitude we all have because of what we do will hurt you. Remember where you came from and appreciate where you are today.

STAND BEHIND THE THIN BLUE LINE!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast