Top Out Pay - 16 years

Police 1 - $65+K
    Police 2 - $70+K
    Police 3 - $76+K

Sgt 1 - $80+K
    Sgt 2 - $86+K
    Sgt 3 - $93+K

$12,000 Signing Bonus-upon completion of 3 years of service
    $2,000 signing bonus for detectives with 3 years experience after 1 yr probation
    $7000 moving allowance if outside Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach county
    $2000 - a year - city residence incentive pay
    $5000 - housing down payment
    lateral rank entry
    bonus one week leave credit upon hiring
    In servie progressive education - based pay scale / ie PO 1 2 3
    FRS pension
    457 supplemental pension plan
    take home car

along with other benefits

SOUNDS GOOD BUT NO CHURROS AND NO SUCIAS,L.O.L.
    I AM ALREADY USED TO THE ****TATORSHIP SO LET THE YOUNG ONES GO!

Sounds too good..All that money in Miami Gardens?Thats more than the Beach, County, Davie, Ft. Lauderdale or anyone else. I don't know...

IT'S TRUE. WE WILL SEND U CONTRACT AND APPLICATIONS. THERE IS PLENTY OF MONEY TO GO AROUND BUT CITIES LIKE YOURS,MPD AND OTHERS ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY. THEY ARE USING MONEY FOR MORE POLITICALLY SATISFYING ISSUES TO GET THEM ELECTED! CALL US,U GUYS R EXPERIENCED AND GOOD COPS BUT KEEP BOLANOS KIDS AND THOSE ON STEROIDS,PLEASE.

whats the 02?

The salaries listed are top pay for the grade. The first hires will be by contract as far as pay, based on a pay rate chart. The pay scale is listed on their website, go look for yourself.
    Benefits are as listed, they are building a department between now and 2008, Recruit pay is $44,200.00 so the pay is good, but not $65K..

beware! all that shines is not gold.

Beware, brothers. I put a call in to the human resources and I found that they are not civil service, but at will.

What this means is that if the city goes into dire straits in three years down the line, the first thing they will cut is large salaries and that would mean us.

This city has been bankrupt in the past, please do your homework, before jumping ship.

WHO'S WORRIED ABOUT AT WILL. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ITS THAT WE ARE AT WILL. JUST HOW MANY ARBITRARY MEETINGS DO YOU THINK HAVE BEEN HELD AT 501 IN THE LAST YEAR?
    IF YOU WANNA GO, GO. AND AS LAND ROVER SAYS...TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

Who will apply

So you think that officers with less than 5 years experience will be applying here or what??? It seems that their website is getting a lot of attention lately. I know an lt from FLPD that is now a major there and he’s telling me that they expect everybody and their grandmother applying there.