To Many Policies
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

To Many Policies

Can someone tell me why accreditation is so important to a professionally managed law enforcement agency? It appears to me that it hampers managers, and law enforcement officers from performing their jobs, placing unnecessary administrative burdens on them. It seems to me that this (Accreditation) is bureacratic red tape that justifies someones existence in an agency. Who mandates that law enforcement agencies participate in this program? What are the benefits, can someone tell me? What are some of the idiotic mandates of accreditation in your agency? How do you feel about accreditation in your agency :?:

I think liability and lawsuits have something to do with it.

accreditation

I know with our department it's all about cleaning and making everything
    shine, over officer safety and doing your job! We're so short of deputies,
    but they manage to have ones actually assigned to cleaning! HCSO :?:

Nailed it.

FlaHog has nailed it.

Accreditation is nothing more than a tool for saving the department money on liability insurence.

It's also adds another level a bureaucracy to your administration, and, thereby becomes a yet another vessel for the agency to can you if you screw up.

Finally, it is a crutch for the department to use for addressing/not addressing problems. Everything is an "accreditation issue". I suggest that everyone who works for an accreditated agency keep a copy of the accreditation manual close by. You can find it at: http://www.flaccreditation.org/standards.htm.

same old

I would like to hire the one ag/law has, that agency doesnt deserve her, the Colonel over there runs her down everywhere...jerk

ahhhh

Puleeeze, AGs accreditation manager isnt all that, nothing but a self promoter it took her over 3 years to finish it...

cfa girl

Are you sooooooooooo smart, that you could have done it any sooner??? Get over yourself.......

Re: cfa girl

Quote Originally Posted by ag supporter
    Are you sooooooooooo smart, that you could have done it any sooner??? Get over yourself.......
    I agree with AG supporter...obviously cfa girl is living in a different world!

cfa girl

Jealousy is un-becoming, AG has done a great job with a very progressive command staff. Sounds like someone is a little on the envious side.

Why al the Ag talk on the DOT site?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast