Academy

Thread: Academy

Academy

I am about to go through the police academy at the Saint Petersburg college, and I would like as much advice as possible. What should I expect? It’s my understanding that out of 32 recruits, about 10 drop/fail. Is this mostly because of bad attitudes and lack of physical fitness? Should I get a 19 or a 17 glock firearm? How are the exams each week structured? Are the instructors there to assist, help, and guide the students, or are they known to be unhelpful. Do they do PT at the end of the day, and do all the students take showers (I was told they have showers there, a bit odd?). Where will I be trained to use my firearm? If anyone could answer any of these questions, please do. I would really appreciate ANY advice I can get. Thanks!

Well, before you go, you might want to realize that reality is much different than your perception. This is NOT a vocational school, nor is it a college. You do have to be a little independant and not rely on someone to pull you through it all.

Yeah, we all have to work together, however the mentality in the academy is different. You may all work together, but you are on your own, especially when you screw up, AND YOU WILL!!!! :evil:

This is very mentally and physically tasking work. The physical stuff will come in time, however, you need to be mentally prepared. B/C if you aren't you WILL fail. You cannot just be about the image, you have to be about the job.