info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info

info

I see that experience can now sub for college, is this true? I have 12 years experience, 5 as an investigator in several different capacities, 3 as a supervisor and the rest as a patrol officer. I dont want to waste my time or yours if not having college will automaticly disqualify. Thanks

wHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT?

I AM INTERESTED IF EXPERIENCE DOES COUNT AGAINST HAVING A BACHELORS DEGREE?
    I HAVE 27 YEARS LAW ENFORCEMENT (NO I AM NOT THAT OLD) 18 HAVE BEEN SPENT IN INVESTIGATIONS. tHE PAST 5 HAVE BEEN AS A SUPERVISOR IN CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS?

They CAN hire you without a degree but the current director WON'T. Needed to apply when Tunnell was here. He hired nothing but cops regarless of degree. New going back to FBI rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    They CAN hire you without a degree but the current director WON'T. Needed to apply when Tunnell was here. He hired nothing but cops regarless of degree. New going back to FBI rules
    Imagine...hiring nothing but cops!!! REAL cops!!!!

If you want the correct information, why don't you call the Human Resource department at the department. I am sure you can get the number from the website.

I don't think the information you are getting from anonymous posters on this board is accurate.

Latest job requirements

From the FDLE website:

"A minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum of three years (3) of sworn law enforcement investigative experience and a current Florida Law Enforcement Certification"

Nothing wrong with having a degree. But isn't it funny that some of our most talented and productive agents don't have one? They were hired when it wasn't a requirement.

I would check the website again. I didn't see it mandate the degree. Maybe a call to human resources or the agency is the way to get the best information?

I did

Sorry Bubba, that was a cut and paste directly from the FDLE website. Plus, we agents had that information e-mailed out to all of us so that when we are asked by local LE we would know the requirements for application. Don't worry, we should have a new commish soon, he/she could change it back to the way it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast