Off Duty Jobs
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Duty Jobs

Off Duty Jobs

Does anyone else have a problem getting off duty jobs ? I try to sign up but by the time the computer gets through their all gone.......is it me or am I doing something wrong seems like the same people get off duty jobs all the time.

You are correct, the same people get the jobs all the time. I think that the people who dont work midnights and night shift 6p-6a and 4p-4a get the worst luck. If you look at the majority of off duty jobs it goes to detectives and other back office. I dont blame them but then again if we had a T1 connection fairness may get done if we all had dial-up. But I will state you have to keep hitting refresh and know exactly what you want when it pops up. I think a look at the last six months of who signed up for and who actually worked it should be looked at. I know things pop up and you cant work a detail that is fine but having a bunch of guys pick up any detail then talk to each other as a group to get the best for them, where is the fairness. It is only fair if your getting what u want but not fair if u cant get anything. I feel most guys want at least one four hour maybe once a pay period but when u cant get that the fairness is out the window. I myself get details once a week or a pay period so I am fine in case any of you want to say I am complaining.

Off Duty Jobs

I understand that it is now being looked into with a list of who worked what. It sure will be interesting................

E-mail Lt Connell and complain thats what I was told to do.

I havent been able to get an extra duty job in over two months. I guess it is time to get an outside job delivering pizzas or something.

Off Duty

E-MAIL ? So theres another target, YEAH RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I havent been able to get an extra duty job in over two months. I guess it is time to get an outside job delivering pizzas or something.
    Still happening. Everytime I get on the site, I can not get a job. This system sucks.

details

The woman that puts the details up has her favorites and calls them with details alot of the time. She is allowed to break the rules and take details from you and me.

Details are being assigned on the DARK SIDE

Don't suprise me one bit

Off-Duty

For the Guest post, as far as the "woman" having her favorites....is it favorites or the ones who work when others do not? I work details more than most but I get it by other Deps's not wanting to work it or pick the details, day of release, by not caring where it is at or what time. I find most want the not be bothered detail time. I agree though about the time of the relase should be moved to allow the night and swings shift to have better times. I would like to see a midnight release. Imagine a defective getting up at 0130 to look at the screen..that is what most midnights and swings people do..fair is fair right.

Not to harp on the "favorite" word again, how many times have you seen a supervisor assign a task knowing a good worker will get the job done instead of some guy getting a paycheck.....I have even tried to give details away but most say cant got plans or some other commitment which is ok but dont B!t$H when the call comes and you cant because you dont want to be inconvenienced.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast