Firearms Qualification Question

Firearms Qualification Question

This question has to do with the federal law usually called HR-218, which sets out standards for retired LEOs who want to carry concealed firearms nationwide.

One requirement of the act is that the retiree meet the firearms qualification standard for active duty LEOs in the state where he resides.

My question is: IS there a state wide firearms qualfication standard in California for active duty LEOs?

Note that this would be different from the POST standard for certification which is, technically, a standard that CIVILIAN APPLICANTS have to meet BEFORE BEING HIRED as LEOs.

Also, this can't be a standard that varies from agency to agency; it would have to be a state-mandated, state-wide standard for ALL ACTIVE DUTY LEOs.

Is there such a standard?

Thanks for your response.

Disappointed

Seventy-seven views and no responses?

Does no one know the answer?

I'm surprised and disappointed that no one wants to help me out.

Qualification

I believe the California requirement is an annual qualification, though it may be semiannual.

Now retired: It's not that no one wants to help, but nobody has an answer for you. Our department dosn't tell us. So you would have better luck looking online, like at the Ca DOJ or POST website. But, don't take it out on us. That was a little rude of you!

It like this.. POST sets the standard but the Department sets the details. For example: 100 rounds by POST 75 or better. The department would state where those 100 rounds are shot from, weak handed, strong handed and 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 yards away from target. Is it combat shooting, while you are running or are you just standing in front of a target and trying to hit it. I hope this helps.