Applicant question

Applicant question

Hello,
    I faxed my application to the department about a week ago (for a road deputy postion with a bachelors/no prior experience) and was just wondering if anyone knew about how long it takes to hear back from them and what the next steps of the process are. thanks

It takes FOREVER.

Just kidding. It should take 3-4 months, depending on how quickly your various processing appointments are accomplished and how fast your background info comes back from your references and former employers.
    During the process you will be assigned a Human Recources representative who will guide you through the process, be your point of contact, and answer any questions along the way as to where you are in the process. Also, you will be provided with a written personal itinerary of scheduled appointments for your process.
    The process may seem long, and it is VERY thorough, but it is all worth it. The agency only hires 7-8% of applicants, so they are very demanding in their application process, and the quality of our members reflects this.
    I, and I am sure everyone else here wishes you luck, and we hope to see you wearing gray soon!

Thanks so much for the response. I really appreciate it.

Also, I see from your post that you are not currently Florida certified. That being the case, once you are hired, you will have to attend a basic
    Law Enforcement Recruit academy. Currently, the Collier County Sheriff's Office sends its recruits to a regional academy in Ft. Myers. the academy is about 5 months long, and I think the next one that fits your hiring process schedule is in February of 2007. After the academy you will have to sucessfully pass a state board exam given by the State of Florida at a separate location.
    The good news is, once you are hired, CCSO starts paying you, so you will get paid for your schooling and training time. To learn more about the Sheriff's Office, visit the CCSO website, and also monitor this site, as it is a good forum for information and questions.