COPS WRITING COPS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

COPS WRITING COPS

HELLO,

LET ME FIRST SAY HELLO TO ALL OF THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS IN HIGHLANDS COUNTY. I AM ONE OF THE MANY SOUTH FLORIDA OFFICERS THAT IS FORTUNATE ENOUGHT TO HAVE A WEEKEND HOME TO ESCAPE TO IN YOUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTY. IF I DIDN'T I WOULD LOOSE MY MIND FROM WORKING DOWN HERE IN THE MIAMI AREA. I BOUGHT MY HOME OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND COULD NEVER AFFORD IT AT TODAYS PRICES.

THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS WITH SEVERAL OTHER OFFICERS THAT HAVE HOMES ON LAKE JUNE, WE HAD OUR WIVES AND CHILDREN OUT IN A FEW BOATS AND WAVERUNNERS AND WERE ON THE SANDBAR AT THE N.W PORTION OF THE LAKE ENJOYING A BEAUTIFUL DAY, NO ONE HAD ANY ALCOHOL AT ALL AND WERE NOT HOT-DOGGING AROUND, JUST SWIMMING AND RELAXING. TWO OF THE GUYS WERE RETURNING FROM A WAVERUNNER RIDE AND AS THEY GOT CLOSE TO THE SANDBAR A CHILD FROM ANOTHER PARTY BOAT DRIFTED OUT ON A RAFT AND CAUSED THE FIRST WAVERUNNER TO SLOW SOONER THEN EXPECTED, THE SECOND WAVERUNNER CUT OUT TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT AND SPLASHED THE FIRST WAVERUNNERS RIDER WHO WAS AVOIDING THE CHILD. THIS WAS OBSERVED BY OFC. ERICA ( WE THINK ) ZIMMERMAN # M834 FROM F.W.C WHO WAS AT LEAST A FOOTBALL FIELD AWAY ON HER WAVERUNNER. NOT ONLY DID SHE MAKE STOP THE OFF-DUTY OFFICER AND CHASTIZE HIM BUT SHE ISSUED HIM A CITATION FOR CARLESS DRIVING ONLY AFTER FIRST MAKING A THREAT OF ARREST FOR RECKLESS DRIVING. AT NO TIME DID ANY OF US EVER APPROACH HER DURING OR AFTER HER STOP AND THE OFF-DUTY OFFICER THAT RECEIVED THE CITATION WAS ALWAYS POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL. HE EXPLAINED TO HER THAT IN ORDER TO CUT OUT HE NEED THE WAVERUNNER TO BE UNDER POWER TO HAVE STEERING. NO LUCK.

AFTER THE SHOCK AND DISBELIEF SET IN WE LEARNED THAT SHE HAS A HISTORY OF CITING OTHER COPS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. THE SAD THING IS IF SHE NEEDED HELP OUT THERE BY HERSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE , WE WOULD BE THE FIRST TO HELP A FELLOW COP AND STILL WOULD EVEN AFTER BEING CITED.

THIS IS JUST A HEADS UP TO ALL OF YOU FELLOW OFFICERS IN HIGHLANDS COUNTY THAT THIS EXISTS. WE BELIEVE IN PROFESSIONAL COURTESY AND KNOW HOW TO USE DISCRESION WHEN REQUIRED.

BE SAFE.

TICKET

SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A FWC OFFICER. HERE AT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE WE BELIEVE IN GIVING A FELLOW OFFICER A BREAK UNLESS ITS FOR A DUI WITH INJURY OR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CALL. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT CHANGE YOUR OPINION OF COPS HERE. WE WILL PASS ALONG HER NAME AND MAKE A NOTE OF THIS INCIDENT. THERE'S ONE IN EVERY AGENCY IM SURE YOU KNOW. IM SURE SHE WOULD NOT APPRECIATE THAT TYPE OF TREATMENT.TO MUCH TIME IN THE SUN FOR HER.

I have heard of this FWC officer before. There was an incident where she stopped a known LEO while he was fishing and cited him his fishing license being expired 3 days. It's a shame. Sorry for your experience Miami LEO, I know many LEO's from Highlands County they're good people.

FWC

Yes we all know who she is. Someone needs to have a long talk with her,like her Supervisors and explain what professional courtesy is and how it can be used. Thats the beauty of this job. I know if this happened in Miami how she would be dealt with. We will pass this along and make sure she stays as popular as ever up here. As for the rest of us, your more then welcome to visit us.

FWC

IM SURE THERE ARE EVEN MORE STORIES OF THIS FWC MORON WRITING OTHER COPS. PLEASE ADD THEM SO WE KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND CAN TAKE THE CORRECT ACTIONS, LIKE CONTACTING HER HIGHER UPS.

WHATS HER EXACT NAME ?

First of all, don't you think the "Miami Cop", (who was really a cop from Southeast Florida) has an axe to grind...If you think you’re not guilty, take it to court...otherwise just pay the damn $68.00 ticket!!! As a cop you should know these are your options.

....It's a UBC with no marks on your license....Not the end of the world!!!

Second, as a "professional" law enforcement officer you should know that you are a cop 24/7 (we’re just not payed for it all), and as such you should act accordingly.

It seems that many LEO's think they can come to Highlands County in an attempt to flee the grasp of their own agencies...Therefore giving them "the proverbial right" to cut loose, have a good time and show their ass!!! Well guess what...we're not going to put up with it...You'll be held to the same standards (or in some cases...HIGHER) than you would be, within your own agencies.

As a LEO in this county, I too have been "badged" by many cops both on land and on the water...It seems that instead of listening to the basis for the stop...All we hear is what agency you work for (which is far superior than ours), what your rank is...then finally, how “if the roles were reversed”, you wouldn't be writing “us” a ticket…the latter of which, I think is a pathetic last effort to talk your way out of a ticket, which you would be writing to any other “citizen” if they committed a similar act.

In closing, I have worked with and/or around Ofc. Zimmerman on several occasions and have found her to be a level-headed “professional” law enforcement officer, therefore if she thought that you deserved a citation based upon your actions…I too, think you deserved a citation. If you need the address for the courthouse or the clerk’s office, for payment…Let one of us know….We’ll post it for ya!!!

Oh yeah, by the way most of the replies to this post are not from officer’s, they are from “citizens” who read this site, and post in an attempt to stir up SH*T, which is what you tried to do by posting here. OR they are friends of yours from your agency, whom you have told YOUR side of the story to, and they feel compelled to post in your defense.

IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE WAY THIS ARE RAN IN THIS COUNTY…STAY IN YOUR’S…IT’S THAT SIMPLE

CITATION

THIS IS THE ATTITUDE WERE TALKING ABOUT WITH OFC. ZIMMERMAN AND FROM THE SOUND OF THE ABOVE POST ANOTHER FWC OFFICER. YOUR ATTITUDE BASICALLY SAYS " YOU SOUTH FLORIDA COPS THAT MAKE MORE MONEY THEN WE DO WITH SECOND HOMES UP HERE ARE NOT WELCOME". WELL MR. OR MRS GROUPER TROOPER 20 PLUS YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST TOOK THIS JOB I HAD NO CONCEPT OF PAY OR PENSIONS SO DON'T HAVE THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER OR SHALL I SAY THAT STICK UP YOU ASS. WE AS COPS ARE THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE AND NEED TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER. DURING HURRICANE FRANCIS I LOADED UP MY MARKED UNIT AND DROVE UP THERE TO BRING FOOD, ICE, GAS, ETC, SURE GLAD I DIDN'T SPEED WHILE I WAS UP THERE HELPING.

I WON'T GO DOWN TO THE LEVEL YOUR AT WITH INSULTS. HAVE A NICE DAY AND BE SAFE OUT THERE. I HOPE YOU RE-THINK YOUR FEELINGS
    ON CITING OTHER OFFICERS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE FROM IN THE FUTURE.

Y

CITATION

YES WE NEED THE ADDRESS OF THE COURT HOUSE SINCE PROFESSIONAL OFC. ZIMMERMAN FAILED TO ISSUE THE INFORMATION PAPERWORK WITH THE CITATION.
    THANKS FOR THE REMINDER, AND WHAT WAS YOUR NAME PLEASE.

Cops writing Cops

It is sad that I actually believe the Post by Bull Sh*t above. Most officers who have been police officers for a while realize that they have nothing to prove anymore and know that they should take care of one another. The officer above (and FWC Zimmerman) will find this out after he/she gets some more time under his/her belt. I am an officer with 16 years experience.

I would like the officer to ask him/herself a question.....Would you write your best friend or "brother in law" that "meaningless Boating Citation." My guess is no. If not, then there are also plenty of other people out there that you can write your citations to. Why cause the riff between other agencies? Please learn from this post and take care of one another.

cops writing cops

After these silly, baseless attacks on Officer Zimmerman, all FWC officers in the area will be looking forward to checking the rowdy boaters from south Florida. Please " badge " the officers so they can be sure who they are dealing with. To expect "professional courtesy" , you must first act like a professional.......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast