New Contract - Page 3

Poll: Are you going to approve the new disability percent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Contract

thank you for the human resource no#. i will call tuesday, mon. jewish holiday.. if its true ill post that and my hat is off to hialeah,city government!
    guys,i know most of u r young and thinking of only pay,cars,etc. and rightfully so but if this is a fact,you have no clue what benefit u have!!
    i have worked at mpd for over 20 yrs. and currently pay over 300 dollars a month for health insurance.. its basic p.p.o., no vision,no dental and for 3deps! 200.per person deductible,only 80% coverage all year and numerous other co-pays etc.
    lifetime,medical??? ill take that over all other benefits anytime!!!!
    god bless u guys and as the other post said,"stay together and be one against the forces of evil in government" your city atty.is probably from the same law school our mayor and city manager r from,hijo puta,college!
    good luck and wish us well too.. we will be protesting next week and every day/week,till mayor and the others provide us with a real contract!!

CONTRACT

GET A CLUE: You are so right. We have to look at the big picture. It is a fact that as of today we get FREE health insurance for life upon retirement, I'm with u on this ITS A HELL OF A BENI... Call H/R or our Selection Unit talk to Colon or Barbie. She knows all the nerdy brainy crap. Colon's been there 4ever & knows all that stuff 2. Don't know the number but H/R can transfer u ask 4 them.

We feel for you guys at MPD u have been HAD time over time, let the BRASS know who's in charge...without the men in blue there is no department. Stay together, don't tell the new guys to leave have them stay & FIGHT for [/b]YOUR department!

LUCK BROTHER!!!

SWEETWATER

"Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater. "

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS FULL OF CRAP. OFC. SUAREZ HAD NOT BEEN HIRED BY SWEETWATER, HE WAS APPOINTED TO BE A RESERVE OFFICER. AND HE DEFINATELY DOES NOT HAVE A "TAKE-HOME" CAR. HE IS ALLOWED TO WORK EXTRA DUTY, BUT HE IS NOT A PAID CITY EMPLOYEE FROM SWEETWATER. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ESCARRA.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WE DON'T NEED TO SHOW ANYONE WHO IS BOSS, WE NEED TO STAND STRONG AND SIMPLY DEMAND NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR OURSELVES, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE, THE BEST.

WE CURRENTLY HAVE A CONTRACT. WE DID NOT ASK TO RE-OPEN THIS ONE, THE MAYOR DID. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN HE CAN EITHER GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH SIGNING OR GO AWAY UNTIL NEXT TIME. OBVIOUSLY IT WILL BE TO HIS BENEFIT TO GIVE US A CONTRACT NOW, OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN OFFERING ONE TO US.

THIS BUSINESS OF DIVIDING K-9, SWAT, FTO'S, ETC. MUST STOP. WE ARE ALL EQUALLY IMPORTANT AND EACH OF US HAS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO. WE ALL HAVE OUR SPECIALTIES AND WE ALL DESERVE SPECIALTY PAY IN OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE. WE ALL DESERVE A RAISE. WE ALL DESERVE TO BE COMPENSATED TO THE MAXIMUM IF INJURED AND DISABLED, NOT JUST FROM A CATASTROPHIC INCIDENT WHICH THEY WILL DECIDE.

DONT SELL OUT TO THE OFFICERS NOT YET HIRED BY GIVING UP YOUR BENEFIT OF HEALTH INSURANCE FOR LIFE. WE ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO BE GIVING ANYTHING AWAY. IF HE WANTS A CONTRACT AND WANTS TO MAKE US HAPPY THEN HE WILL HAVE TO GIVE NOT TAKE.

THE TWO BIG MONEY ITEMS FOR OUR AGENCY IS THE HEALTH INSURANCE AND THE 185 FUND. NEVER LET GO OF EITHER. IF YOU BARGAIN THESE AWAY, WHAT WILL THEY TAKE NEXT TIME?

THINK OF YOUR FUTURE, NOT JUST OF TODAY.

My brothers and sisters in arms.
    Don’t allow yourselves to be driven apart by the perceptions of the misinformed and those with personal agendas.
    In truth, we are in a post September 11 world, where our roles in law enforcement have been expanded and the possibilities of serious injuries have increased ten-fold. Why do you now carry PPC gear?
    Are you training for possible civil disorder in the event of Castro’s death?
    Have you been sent to other far away places in this state to conduct law enforcement missions after the hurricanes? (Only because FEMA paid)
    Don’t the experts predict that in 2 to 5 years this country is going to be involved in a major world-wide armed conflict?
    AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT TO OUR INSURANCE COVERAGE????
    AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT TO DISABILITY RETIREMENT????
    AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT WITH THE 185 MONEYS THAT THEY CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO????
    My friends, if you really want to be stupid, you better learn to get tough!
    We ARE in a HIGH RISK profession. The HIGH RISK refers to risk of serious injury or DEATH. Are you getting the picture here?
    We have always done our jobs and taken the risks because somewhere in the back of our minds, we felt that we and our families would be taken care of if some job related catastrophic event was to impact our lives. We are heroes, right, and government always takes good care of heroes. (Sic)
    Take home cars would be nice, but you don’t get to keep it and sell it to pay for your medical bills.
    Make your decisions wisely and based on good judgment and pertinent information. Do NOT, Do Not give benefits away, you may never see them again EVER.

GUYS LISTEN TO THE LAST POST!
    THE TAKE HOMES ARE NICE BUT LOOK AT THE LONG PICTURE.. YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT RETIREMENT PACKAGE WITH THAT LIFETIME HEALTH INSURANCE,1%,ETC..
    DONT GIVE UP ANYTHING THINKING THE ROOKIES WILL GET IT BACK LATER,THEY WONT!!!!!!!!!!
    WHEN YOU SELLOUT, LIKE WE HAVE FOR MANY YEARS,YOULL FIND THE CITY WILL NEVER OFFER OR AGREE TO RETURNING THOSE BENEFITS AND THE GUYS BEHIND ARE SCREWED!! OLD TIMERS,DONT BE GREEDY AND DONT SELL THE ROOKIES DOWN THE RIVER,UNITE AND FIGHT!!
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AND GOD SPEED!
    WE WILL BE DEMONSTRATING AGAIN THIS THURSDAY,THE 5TH AT 5PM INFRONT OF OUR NEW P.A.C. BUILDING AT BLVD.AND 13ST...
    IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED,WE WILL MEET AT WATSON ISLAND,OVER MACARTHUR CAUSEWAY, AT 4PM TO BE BUSED TO BLVD. THYE MAYOR IS HOSTING THE GRAN OPENING WITH OUR GOVERNOR.
    THE LAST ONE GOT HIS ATTENTION,LETS SEE WHAT THE GOVERNOR AND ALL VIPS THINK?

Makes a difference

Hey guys, I wasn't a big supporter of take home vehicles for personal reasons, not being able to hang out after work, etc. The department I work for merge with the county and we received take home vehicles. It does make a big difference. Not only are you going to save money in gas, but also time. You won't have to load your gear everyday, we used to load our gear everyday. You can keep your car clean and know is going to work when you go on duty. There are many good things aobout the take home vehicle. Also, there's a flip side to them. You might have to render aid on your way home after a 12 hr shift. Overall you guys will like the benefit of a take home vehicle. I hope you guys get a good contract, including benefits, step plan, take home vehicle. Hialeah is a busy department and you guys deserve.

Cuidense mucho,
    un policia en el norte del estado los saluda a todos hermanos ...

Re: SWEETWATER

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTH FLA COP
    "Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater. "

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS FULL OF CRAP. OFC. SUAREZ HAD NOT BEEN HIRED BY SWEETWATER, HE WAS APPOINTED TO BE A RESERVE OFFICER. AND HE DEFINATELY DOES NOT HAVE A "TAKE-HOME" CAR. HE IS ALLOWED TO WORK EXTRA DUTY, BUT HE IS NOT A PAID CITY EMPLOYEE FROM SWEETWATER. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ESCARRA.
    i found out that ofc juarez o suarez whatever name you wnat to call him..
    yep he works for sweetwater pd and yeap he got a take home car. and he is making more money that anybody from hpd doing off dutties from 35 to 55 dollars an hour..... ohhh i forggot to talk you guys i think he just purchase his third house in miami gardens.......
    so whats the deal with ofc suarez o juarez

Re: SWEETWATER

[quote=city of miami]
    Quote Originally Posted by "SOUTH FLA COP":7glp9o2l

i find out that ofc juarez o suarez whatever name you wnat to call him..
    yep he works for sweetwater pd and yeap he got a take home car. and he is making more money that anybody from hpd doing off dutties from 35 to 55 dollars an hour..... ohhh i forggot to tell you guys i think he just purchase his third house in miami gardens.......
    so whats the deal with ofc suarez o juarez[/quote:7glp9o2l]
    wait i think he make more money than me.....shit
    a city employee y hace mas dindero q yo.....................

Re: garrido

Quote Originally Posted by unknown
    We are glad that Garrido left to your department on time. Good luck with him.
    I second that emotion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast