jobs

Thread: jobs

jobs

anybody out there have and good words for someone appling fot THP .

relocating

Im in the process of relocating to east Tenn. I'M currently still employed with a police dept in florida.........Does anyone know of any Tenn. Police agencies that take laterals.........

Quote Originally Posted by ready for a move
    anybody out there have and good words for someone appling fot THP .

We just moved here from Florida. My husband works for a great county up here (not good pay though). He got hired on and went through a short training phase and then they gave him 6 months (I think) to challenge the state TN test. They paid for him to go and take the test, but I think they only pay for 1 chance. He passed and we LOVE it here!!! I highly recomend (spelling??) it. It is such a great place to raise a family

east tenn

where in east tenn,whats the name of police dept please

Quote Originally Posted by East TN
    We just moved here from Florida. My husband works for a great county up here (not good pay though). He got hired on and went through a short training phase and then they gave him 6 months (I think) to challenge the state TN test. They paid for him to go and take the test, but I think they only pay for 1 chance. He passed and we LOVE it here!!! I highly recomend (spelling??) it. It is such a great place to raise a family

It's Sullivan County Sheriff's Office. I believe the starting pay is $13.02...Not a lot, but the cost of living is really good. There is a 9.5% sales tax on EVERYTHING, but we live 10 minutes from Virginia where the sales tax is 5%. I highly reccomend this area...It's near Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City. Need anything else, just ask. :wink:

jobs in eastern tn

Quote Originally Posted by East TN
    It's Sullivan County Sheriff's Office. I believe the starting pay is $13.02...Not a lot, but the cost of living is really good. There is a 9.5% sales tax on EVERYTHING, but we live 10 minutes from Virginia where the sales tax is 5%. I highly reccomend this area...It's near Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City. Need anything else, just ask. :wink:
    My husband is a deputy here in FL. and makes about $20 an hour now. I love Eastern TN and am trying to convince him to move there. Is the pay as a deputy there something that you can live on?

I know a few SCSO Officers. Good People and I hear a good place to work for.

It's Sullivan County Sheriff's Office. I believe the starting pay is $13.02...Not a lot, but the cost of living is really good. There is a 9.5% sales tax on EVERYTHING, but we live 10 minutes from Virginia where the sales tax is 5%. I highly reccomend this area...It's near Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City. Need anything else, just ask.

How is the retirement benefit I have 13.5 years in fl would it be worth the move I'll be 55 at 25 years looking forward to retiring even though I know that I will have to work after to pay for health benefit.

City of Miami is hiring anyone with experience. anyonw with 7 years or more, starts in step 8 ($70,000.00) a year. All the overtime and extra duty jobs you want. A brand new take home police car , fully loaded with onboard computer, new radios, etc... Retirement is great and the admin love the cops. Any dept in Dade County would be great except for Hialeah. Stay away, Far, Far away..

stay away dying like flies

Quote Originally Posted by me fui
    City of Miami is hiring anyone with experience. anyonw with 7 years or more, starts in step 8 ($70,000.00) a year. All the overtime and extra duty jobs you want. A brand new take home police car , fully loaded with onboard computer, new radios, etc... Retirement is great and the admin love the cops. Any dept in Dade County would be great except for Hialeah. Stay away, Far, Far away..