new sgts
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new sgts

new sgts

What do we think of the next three people on the sgts. list. P.C.,C.G. , and S.L.- we the recent posting it looks like they could be going soon.

Do we really need to go there? I think they should close the list and re-test.

C.G. would be a good one the other 2 I will not comment on. Rather have the 1st than the 3rd.

C.G. is a great guy, but he is lazy as hell and is going to have a hard time supervising people when he tells them to pick up stats or clear a call they have been on too long. He has done it his whole career. I fault his old supervisor, P.F.

new sgts

C.G. is a great guy he is not as lazy as you think. He chooses to stay in w10 rather than take a cake zone. Face it - he has his pick where to go. Every tues he is off he has bomb training. I agree he is not out stiring it up-but he doesnt leave anyone stranded. Maybe he just ttired of getting shafted by third shift.

To win the lotto you need one good day, to get promoted you need two.

new sgts.

You are right it takes two good days- but where u lack knowledge is that it takes months of prep for those days. I would think that the lazys would fall to the bottom or even off the list not move to the top.

it would appear that the one day needed for the oral board takes less time to prepare for than the test. the test score is a minor thing i guess as you can easliy go from back to the front in a matter of minutes in oral baord

A lot of us have the same opinion about who is next on the Sgt. list to get promoted. Yea, thats right, the one who jumped like 20 spots. He doesnt even have road experience. This shall be interesting.

So, we think that if you have been off the road for x amount of years and want to be a Sgt or Lt, you should have to come back to patrol before you get promoted. Being out of patrol, you are out of the loop. Then when they get promoted, they still have no clue.

Congrats

I see that jealousy is rearing its nasty little head again. As far as next on the list P.C. has worked very hard and studied for this process and has shown that you can prevail if you put your mind to it. I know the softball comments will come but guess what, he didn’t play softball for the past couple of years. People should not have to defend themselves just because they did well on this process, at least he completed the process and the scores did not have to be dropped to get to him. This is just the process; your experience in Patrol, CID, SID, CAC, Corrections or anywhere else has absolutely no bearing on what you do on those two days. It has been proven time and time again the most qualified people wont always get the promotion. Again, that’s the process. So as for the next three picks give them props for their achievements and please give them a chance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast