FEAR FACTOR

Thread: FEAR FACTOR

FEAR FACTOR

IN TYPICAL FASHION, HERE COMES THE PCSO BRASS WITH THEIR THREATS AND INTIMIDATION, IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO KEEP PEOPLE OFF THESE MESSAGE BOARDS. MAYBE THEIR TIME AND TAXPAYERS MONEY WOULD BE BETTER SPENT READING THE FIRST AMENDMENT. FURTHER BENEFICIAL READING WOULD BE THE RECENT DECISION BY THE SECOND DCA REGARGING THE SHERIFF OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY TRYING TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS WEB SITE. THANK GOD FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
    DEPUITIES, DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING YOUR AGENCY LAPTOP TO POST ANYTHING ON ANY WEB SITE THAT THEY CAN COME AFTER YOU FOR.

FEAR FACTOR

EXCELLENT ADVICE!! TOO BAD IT'S COME JUST ALITTLE TOO LATE. MANY OF THE POSTS YOU REFER TO WERE MADE ON DUTY, ON AGENCY LAPTOPS. SO THAT MAKES THE SITUATION IN HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY A MOOT POINT. WHEN YOU POST WITH WRECKLESS ABANDONMENT, USING THE BOSS' PROPERTY, YOU'RE ASKING FOR WHAT YOU GET. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE WHEN A SHORT TRIP TO I.T. WILL DO THE TRICK. IF MY EMPLOYEES WERE USING MY EQUIPMENT, ON MY TIME, TO BAD MOUTH ME OR MY AGENCY, I'D BE ALITTLE UPSET TOO. A LITTLE BIT OF COMMON SENSE GOES A LONG WAY. BUT WE HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF THAT HERE SO FAR. HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH MATURITY EITHER.

if i.t. has nothing better to do than go on a witch hunt for the powers to be, then "lets roll". maturity has nothing to do with it. obviously you think you have the power to pass judgement.
    perception is reality, and not everything at psco is all warm and fuzzy. you cant control peoples thoughts, and you cant control the internet.

FEAR FACTOR

What you really need to ask yourself is, is it worth your job? No judgement being passed, bubba. Just trying to appeal to your better sense, if that's possible. I've been here a long time. I KNOW this agency, and I know its strengths and its weaknesses. Trust me, it hasn't always been easy. But I also know how to adapt and overcome. This place doesn't owe any of us anymore than a decent wage for a decent days work. It's not your employers job to see that you're happy. That's your job. So if you happen to be happy, then great. If not, it's up to you to work on that for yourself. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you'll learn to let a lot of things go. It's that way anyplace you might work, not just here. Sure! You're entitled to your thoughts and opinions, and speech is free. But not when you use your employers equipment to exercise it without restraint. The cost could well be your job. If you think that I.T. has nothing better to do than participate in a "witch hunt", think again. If any of us get caught doing something stupid on the agency's laptop, we deserve what we get. You have every right to express yourself on your own computer, but not on what doesn't belong to you. None of us have that right. Just trying to warn you from doing something you'll regret. It's up to you what you do from here.

Don't use agency computer!

Look people, the previous post said it best. Don't use your agency laptop or agency time to access this web-site. I'm also critical of accessing web-sites not specific to your job function. You are not entitled to it.

If you think I.T. can't find things out about you and the sites you've visited you need to re-evaluate your existence. Every letter you type and site you access are public record under FSS 119.

Remember: "If you don't want it in the media, don't type it (or look at it) on your computer."