THIS IS HOW YOUR FAMILY WILL BE TREATED

THIS IS HOW YOUR FAMILY WILL BE TREATED

BELOW THIS IS WHAT A FTO FROM THE TOWN OF LADY LAKE WROTE AFTER HE WROTE ANOTHER LEO'S WIFE A CITATION. HE WAS UPSET THAT IT WAS POSTED ON LEO AFFAIRS. YOU'LL LIKE THE PART ABOUT ANY LEO'S WIFE HAS NO CLASS IF SHE ADVISE'S HIM THAT SHE A LEO'S WIFE. MUST HAVE BEEN KICKED OFF FHP. :roll:

Let's set the record straight. I was in the car with this officer as his FTO. You are NOT a fellow officer. As I recall, you mentioned that you were somebody's wife and tried to use it to get out of the citation. Poor judgement and no class. You also made poor judgement on tring to beat a red light. Yes it was red. We both saw it. In fact, it was red for almost 2-3 seconds before you ran it. If you want to kill someone, do it in someone else's town. If you feel that you were cited unfairly, then you have the option to contest the citation in court. By the way, you were speeding too, we let you off with a warning on that one. One more thing, how about a quick integrity check. Did you really feel that it's fair for you to get away with running a red light just because you married a cop. We are not above the law.

As much crap as my spouse has to put up with by being a Cop's wife, I think that she can be excused for a red light. I tell my sweetie to hand over my business card if she gets stopped. The only department that I have ever had any issues with is the CHP, when the boots go on the heart goes away.

Answer me a quick question have you ever used your star to get out of a ticket?
    If you have then you have no room to talk, If you haven't then fine, at least your consistent. But come on, show some class, in 24 years I've never cited another cop or his family.
    At one time this was a brotherhood, not any more

One of the few

There is one thing that we still have as police officers in SF and around this country (last I checked)...this is the decision as to whether or not to arrest, ticket or smile. I have never, and would never give a ticket to somebody who was reasonable, and had a close connection to law enforcement. As a matter of fact, this gives me great pleasure to know that I am taking care of another cop. Our brotherhood is all we got. Start giving other offenders breaks as well and do something to change the poor image that cops have. I have always felt, and practiced offering these offenders a choice. I offer them either a ticket or a verbal warning which comes with a short education on what they did and why they ought to be more careful in the future. This may not generate income for the city, but it sure sticks in the driver's mind and they drive a way with a smile. That is community policing!

If it is something I might give John Q Citizen a break on, then I willl ALWAYS give a break to a cop, his wife and immediate family. They would really, really deserve a ticket if I do write them a cite.

Running a red light way late really really deserves a ticket christ guys....It's worse than speeding in a lot of cases

maybe you guys out west should tell your " SWEETIES " not to violate any traffic laws and then they wont have to worry about getting a cite.....im all for showing love but comeon it appears from the posts they do it cuz they know they wont get a cite..... thats stupid!!!!!

I am sorry that you have only heard one representative from Florida about whether we write cop's tickets, or give their family memers tickets. Unfortunately there are some that do down here. I can tell you this. I will never write another cop a ticket, no matter where he is from. I will NEVER write another cop's family member a ticket either. A majority of officers in Florida would agree with me on this, but unfortunately only one other officer commented on your web site with an unfortunate view.

Stay safe brothers/sisters

Don't do it

That is a big problem in S. FL and it seem in the rest of the country also. We are a brotherhood and that includes our families. Alot of cops seem to forget that when we put a uniform on, it's us vs. the world. Stick together and take care of our own, everyone esle does, why not us. There are enough people out there to give tickets to, it does not have to be a brother's family member.