injured officers

injured officers

a serious question for you guys: this is not a joke and coming from an injured officer facing termination...

In the event an officer in your agency receives a permanent disabling injury, what does your agency do? Does it try to find another position within the organization, or does it terminate you (as I am currently facing)?

Do they try to work with the officer, or simply state that if he/she cannot do the job theres the door?

Thanks for any feedback you might have

v-man1

Not having been put in the position but know a few who have. They have given the option of leaving or retireing etc... or found a position for them in the duty office. Life long debilitation most have chose to leave. I think mostly because they had retirement funds from elsewhere and they were "older".
    If there is a position open in your department in which you are able to do with a permanent disablity they should offer you the position not kick you to the curb. I wish you the best of luck.

I have no faith in the Fort Pierce Police Department being there for any Officer that needed help. I've been injured on the job and they could care less about me. I don't think I will ever gain the respect back for anyone Capt. or above. I think about it everyday and it brings my attitude down and now I sit in my car and do as little as possible.

inury

Be careful with the injuries as after I was injured there was an attempt to have me fired for missing too many days works, but that was after several surgeries. After a long legal battle and 17 doctors. I do have some benefits and some pay. Some widows did not get health insurance for 20 years. But that was also taken care of. All legal fees were at my expence

inury

Be careful with the injuries as after I was injured there was an attempt to have me fired for missing too many days works, but that was after several surgeries. After a long legal battle and 17 doctors. I do have some benefits and some pay. Some widows did not get health insurance for 20 years. But that was also taken care of. All legal fees were at my expence . There are also a lot of people there that still care but are unable to do anything about city hall.