injured officers

injured officers

a serious question for you guys: this is not a joke and coming from an injured officer facing termination...

In the event an officer in your agency receives a permanent disabling injury, what does your agency do? Does it try to find another position within the organization, or does it terminate you (as I am currently facing)?

Do they try to work with the officer, or simply state that if he/she cannot do the job theres the door?

Thanks for any feedback you might have

v-man1

injured officer

Is this an on duty injury? Past experience is that if it is an on duty injury you fight to keep a position but seems to go on a one on one basis. There is 12 weeks FMLA and then 12 weeks catastrophic prior to poss termination. If there is a position that is open that could be filled by the person they can apply for that.

You should be thankful ....

You should be thankful that you don't work for the DOC (state) and become injured! I have not been allowed to return to work since mid-may due to the injury but yet they won't fire me so that I can at least collect unemployment! This with them knowing that I have three children that I am responsible for. Good luck finding another job if your injury is permanent, because as soon as you let the new prospective employer know that you have a permanent injury, it has been my experience that you won't hear from them again. So after over seven months with no income - should be in the streets pretty soon. Good luck and I hope your situation doesn't get as bad as the deal I have been dealt.

MH are you serious

Now you are looking for support from the CCSO. MH you are truly a piece of work. Get real and get a job! Opps I forgot YOU CAN'T LOL.