Old Trooper Boudrot - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

E-Trooper

Well its a good thing that an FHP trooper wasnt looking to get hired by your Dept at the same time you were, you would be out of a job![/quote]

E-Trooper, please don't be such a sore loser too. If you are comparing troopers to large agency officers, you are pathetic. Go try and apply for a big department, not Mayberry and see what happens. Troopers have their place, but please do not try to elevate them to a status they are not deserving of. Thank you for serving brother and for keeping our roads safe, but leave the real police work to the men and women that train to do real police work.

Sore loser, right. Trust me, if your qualified to be a trooper, you are more than qualified to do that so called "real police work". Big city or small. I think thats what some of you guys cant stand. Criminal intent is easy, you have it or you dont. I would like to see some of you guys try to work a scene thats a mile long, numerous dead, drunk bails and runs. Oh, I forgot, you just respond, complete an arrest/incident report and do what the investigator tells you to do. We all have our diffirent jobs, until you do mine, dont be so quick to bash us. Your the real police, you should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by ETrooper
    Sore loser, right. Trust me, if your qualified to be a trooper, you are more than qualified to do that so called "real police work". Big city or small. I think thats what some of you guys cant stand. Criminal intent is easy, you have it or you dont. I would like to see some of you guys try to work a scene thats a mile long, numerous dead, drunk bails and runs. Oh, I forgot, you just respond, complete an arrest/incident report and do what the investigator tells you to do. We all have our diffirent jobs, until you do mine, dont be so quick to bash us. Your the real police, you should know better.
    You are right, you troopers are the best...Keep thinking that to yourself. I have done both jobs and you're way off base E-trooper. I really believe you have never worked inside a big city doing police work, or you would not be saying this. How many times have you had someone on a domestic attack you with a gun, or knife. How many times have you been shot at, and how many times have you been in a dragged out fight with a bad guy, when the bad guy was doing everything he could to take your gun and kill you with it? Have your really experienced near death this way? I have worked all units homicide, narcotics, robbery, traffic, and simply working traffic homicide does not compare to city police work. Please give us all a break. Work both side and then you will be qualified to make a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by ETrooper
    You are right, you troopers are the best...Keep thinking that to yourself. I have done both jobs and you're way off base E-trooper. I really believe you have never worked inside a big city doing police work, or you would not be saying this. How many times have you had someone on a domestic attack you with a gun, or knife. How many times have you been shot at, and how many times have you been in a dragged out fight with a bad guy, when the bad guy was doing everything he could to take your gun and kill you with it? Have your really experienced near death this way? I have worked all units homicide, narcotics, robbery, traffic, and simply working traffic homicide does not compare to city police work. Please give us all a break. Work both side and then you will be qualified to make a comment.
    Brother, I have worked in several big cities throughout the state. I would say that I've done all of the above except being shot at and I hope like hell that never happens. Been in some good knock down fights, had broken bones, out of work for a month from the last one. Been drug down the interstate hanging out of a car. I've worked domestics, burglary, assaults, theft of property, dragged armed people from houses. And the thing about it is, I did it all as a trooper. We handle a variety of calls from time to time depending on what part of the state you work in. I must admit that since the local Depts. have grown with the times, we dont do these things as near as much as we used to. I'm no rookie to law enforcement (19 years). If you think all we do is hand out tickets, you dont know s---. Check out the Officer Down website for Florida. What single Dept. do you think has lost the most officers in the line of duty from Florida, The Florida Highway Patrol with 41 troopers killed. I think you could sell yourself better on EBay than you can here. Why dont you tell me what Dept. you work for so I can go to your website and tell everyone what a great cop I am.

Relax

Damn guys...chill out!!! We are all brothers and sisters so stop all the mindless banter about who is better than who. A cop is a cop is a cop...we all protect and serve in different ways. RESPECT one another and lose the attitudes. Peace!!!

Your right northern cop J R, I just get tired of all the crap that is posted on here. If theres a Dept. that I dont give a crap about, which there is, the last thing that I want to do is go to their website and post crap about them. Thats not the case with FHP. Seems like every law enforcement bannie rooster with a badge is on here trying to stir it up. This site should be for troopers discussing issues that affect troopers, not all this "I do real police work and you dont crap", Who cares, I knew what the job of a trooper was when I applied for it. If I wanted to do the other real police work, I would have applied for it with a local Dept.

There are bad apples from every agency in the US. We have them and I work for a city PD. I respect each and every cop on the job. We need to stop the bickering and watch each other's backs. If one of your fellow Troopers/officers gets out of line, there are ways to deal with him/her. Let's stick together and stop the BS. It doesn't look good to the public that we constantly trash one another. Stay stafe all...

Disappointed

Darn, this is the first time I come to your site and all I read is COPS (yeah Troopers are cops too) talking trash to and about each other airing dirty laundry out here where everybody can see it.

I actually came here in hopes of finding a higher level of intelectual exchange because I couldnt stand to read the same kind of crap on the City of Miami site. I was hoping that the troop I left was still here, what a dissapointment its obviously not the same place I left.

I've watched them put nine Troopers in the ground, the first one before I graduated from the accademy (Burnett) the second before I finished with my FTO (Kohler) and no less than twelve Miami-Dade Deputy's, and seven from Miami, I knew or had met every one of them . The sad part is dead is dead, no matter where you work, city county or the road, none of them are ever comming back (I'll bet they are spinning in their graves when they see how well we all treat each other after the funeral is over.)

When you strap on, no one but another Cop gives a damn about you enough to hammer it from one end of the county to the other with total disregard for life or limb to back you up when some idiot is trying to ring your bells, or worse. If anyone you know is selective about who they back up, you need to help them find another job. Im sure there are a few out there but they are the exception and every time Iv'e found one I have done everything possible to help them find a different job.

The same rule applies for stroking cops, unless the guy just flew his fighter through the dry cleaners you use with his afterburner on and set your only set of uniforms that fit on fire, let it go!!!! Call it profesional courtesy call it whatever makes it right for you, I don't care if it's the end of the month, that cite is not worth it!!!!!! We had a range war here in Miami once that had city cops towing Trooper cars and vice versa, they were even arresting each other, it got real stupid before it got straightened out. Its like the dog chasing its tail; alot of fun to watch but stupid.

Last but not least you two knucklheads (ETroop & the Anonymous Guest)are both right and wrong; I thank God that I started on the patrol and then went to the City. The patrol taught me how to fight like nobody is coming to save your ass anytime soon, which in turn taught me how to talk to people well enough to give the cavalry time to arrive before the fight got started (we didn't have hand helds back then). His name eludes me but I thank God for that Jar Head sergeant that thought defensive tactics (boxing) at the accademy for every bell he rung in my head and every screw he loosened, he saved my life an several occasions.

For the un-informed the Patrol is the local police and sherriff in alot of small counties which means they do some of the same crap the city guys do. Generally speaking, there aren't many roads that FHP handles that run through the ghettos like the ones that city cops and deputys patrol exclusively nite after nite. And it is nice to be able to hit the panic button and know that back up is less than three minutes away!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always looked at the city recruits and wondered to myself how many of them have never traded punches with someone that wants to really hurt them for three minutes??? Its nice (and easy) to know that the cavalry will be there in less than three minutes (or before you break one of those acrylic nails) anybody can be a bad arse under those circumstances.

Boys learn to live with the differences we all bleed the same color.........

Thats all I won't bother you anymore...........

Disappointed

Darn, this is the first time I come to your site and all I read is COPS (yeah Troopers are cops too) talking trash to and about each other airing dirty laundry out here where everybody can see it.

I actually came here in hopes of finding a higher level of intelectual exchange because I couldnt stand to read the same kind of crap on the City of Miami site. I was hoping that the troop I left was still here, what a dissapointment its obviously not the same place I left.

I've watched them put nine Troopers in the ground, the first one before I graduated from the accademy (Burnett) the second before I finished with my FTO (Kohler) and no less than twelve Miami-Dade Deputy's, and seven from Miami, I knew or had met every one of them . The sad part is dead is dead, no matter where you work, city county or the road, none of them are ever comming back (I'll bet they are spinning in their graves when they see how well we all treat each other after the funeral is over.)

When you strap on, no one but another Cop gives a damn about you enough to hammer it from one end of the county to the other with total disregard for life or limb to back you up when some idiot is trying to ring your bells, or worse. If anyone you know is selective about who they back up, you need to help them find another job. Im sure there are a few out there but they are the exception and every time Iv'e found one I have done everything possible to help them find a different job.

The same rule applies for stroking cops, unless the guy just flew his fighter through the dry cleaners you use with his afterburner on and set your only set of uniforms that fit on fire, let it go!!!! Call it profesional courtesy call it whatever makes it right for you, I don't care if it's the end of the month, that cite is not worth it!!!!!! We had a range war here in Miami once that had city cops towing Trooper cars and vice versa, they were even arresting each other, it got real stupid before it got straightened out. Its like the dog chasing its tail; alot of fun to watch but stupid.

Last but not least you two knucklheads (ETroop & the Anonymous Guest)are both right and wrong; I thank God that I started on the patrol and then went to the City. The patrol taught me how to fight like nobody is coming to save your ass anytime soon, which in turn taught me how to talk to people well enough to give the cavalry time to arrive before the fight got started (we didn't have hand helds back then). His name eludes me but I thank God for that Jar Head sergeant that thought defensive tactics (boxing) at the accademy for every bell he rung in my head and every screw he loosened, he saved my life an several occasions.

For the un-informed the Patrol is the local police and sherriff in alot of small counties which means they do some of the same crap the city guys do. Generally speaking, there aren't many roads that FHP handles that run through the ghettos like the ones that city cops and deputys patrol exclusively nite after nite. And it is nice to be able to hit the panic button and know that back up is less than three minutes away!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always looked at the city recruits and wondered to myself how many of them have never traded punches with someone that wants to really hurt them for three minutes??? Its nice (and easy) to know that the cavalry will be there in less than three minutes (or before you break one of those acrylic nails) anybody can be a bad arse under those circumstances.

Boys learn to live with the differences we all bleed the same color.........

Thats all I won't bother you anymore...........

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Very well said 55th!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast