Apology Owed by PBA President - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

01 OCT 03

You had to be on the job 01 OCT 03 to get the multiplier, not 01 OCT 01. You must be confused. BTW, didn't you sign a DROP contract foregoing all future increases? Good thing they still let you reserves run extra duty!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Don't even waste your breath. They forget all about that contract they signed except for when they falsely accuse the pension board of having broken it. Perhaps next they should sue the city for back pay. You know, because officers have gotten SEVERAL pay increases since some of these guys retired. Why should today's officers get paid more than they did? That's not fair, is it. The city should pay up. Maybe next, we should pay reparations to the descendants of officers who retired before TPD had a pension. They deserve it too. Actives should forego any future raises, and the money that would have paid those raises should be divvied up amongst the retirees to soothe the emotional distress they have sustained as a result of the pension board and active officers denying the retirees a benefit they neither bargained for nor are entitled to.

P.S. I've noticed the retiree website no longer allows anonymous posting. Seems the retirees' ass'n feels posting without leaving your name is devisive and spineless. Funny how they feel that way in their house, yet come over here and post anonymously.

Re: 01 OCT 03

Quote Originally Posted by wrong again hero
    You had to be on the job 01 OCT 03 to get the multiplier, not 01 OCT 01. You must be confused. BTW, didn't you sign a DROP contract foregoing all future increases? Good thing they still let you reserves run extra duty!
    Or else you're really new here. We were screwed out of the originally negotiated multipler. One that you probably helped screws us out of. Negotiated betwen the PBA and the City. Thanks for your support. No reserve duty for this hero. And no, I didn't sign any DROP contract. Many of us didn't drop. But you know everything. The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Please get your facts straight. Unless you enjoy the taste of your foot :wink:

Well it amazes me that people who swore an oath to uphold the law while on active duty, resort to attempting grand theft when retired.

You don't deserve ANYTHING more than you got. pure greed. and of the worse kind. greed for greeds sake.

Devoting your senior years to trying to steal from the next generation of officers, is disgraceful.

go to the early bird dinners and then go home and yell at those dam kids to get off your lawn. But don't come back and try to steal something you don't deserve.

I would hate to be RETIRED and constantly think "mulitplier", "law suit", "more court", "appeal", etc......jesus, your retirement must really suck. When I retire I am gonna take what i got coming to me and never talk about this crap again, you guys must really hate life. Go sign up for off duty at the Bucs game if you cant leave the job behind.

"When I retire I am gonna take what i got coming to me and never talk about this crap again,"

Famous last words. We all uttered them.
    How about the 13th check? Will you complain when you don't get it, although the fund earned enough money to pay it? Then will you not complain when it's withheld for ridiculous reasons? Oh wait, I have to make the early bird at Picadilly, bye :roll:

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    See, that's the really sad part. You guys had my complete support when your argument was about the 13th check. I agree that you should get it when the situation meets the criteria. However, you guys were not content to fight over something you deserved. You got greedy, and decided you wanted something you did not deserve (the increased multiplier.) Your actions have sunk now to the level of a two year old baby's temper tantrum. "If we can't get the multiplier (that we don't deserve), then we'll bleed the pension fund coffers with frivolous legal action, even after the courts have TWICE told us that we are wrong. That will teach the actives."

You've lost sight of the battle you SHOULD be fighting and been led astray by the greedy leaders of your now-parasitic association. You have lost all credibility, along with my (and MANY others) support and respect. You've made your bed, I hope you lay down before you waste more of MY (and your) pension money trying.

PENSION

In sense as an active police officer, I feel sorry for the retirees in some respect. If a BENEFIT of HEALTH CARE COVERAGE was negotiated for retired police officers in the past, the stress of high cost of health care from their retirement checks , wouldn't be that bad and they can go off and retire somewhat comfortably. Everyone will feel the effect of this lump money being taking out of your already taxed pension. This will basically leave you with not much to live on...and eventually when you look back.....you'll laugh and say, " So many years and so many risks and so many friends lost, to have a pension amount to nothing ". Bottom line....we need to get this BENEFIT ....a fund needs to be devised with the city and the active officers in contributing to a health care relief plan. Take a lesson from the RETIREES and LEARN.

How did we go from the real issue about the President dissing a PBA member at a Roll Call to a retiree type and gripe session. The retirees have their own website. Please gripe to each other on that site. If your so disgruntled sign over your pension check and when you receive the 13th check as well to those less fortunate.
    Has anyone seen the President to ask him about his melt down :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ?

Accountability

He is accountable only to himself and the PBA Board members. He will not address this issue because he feels that he is untouchable. This incident should have never of happened in the setting that it did. Oh, and I can not wait to get my new boots and sunglasses in this contract. I don't need any more money. We all make to much. Just give us boots.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast