Is NPR a good Department to work for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is NPR a good Department to work for?

Is NPR a good agency to work for? High call volume? Good pay?
    Thanks

Well to answer your question, its a great place to work, after 6 years you top out at $23.11 and we have another raise this coming oct.... If you have experience they might start you at level 2.... so yes you would be coming here from pasco,hernando,citrus,or pinellas getting a raise right from the start in most cases... its a proactive department with a k-9 unit, boat unit ie. jet ski, dive team, s.w.a.t. team, c.o.p. unit, and many other things, the department is only a couple years old and it has a great locker room with a nice shower, not to mention the great weight room....coming from the grand blvd ( OLD STATION ) our department has come a long way in the last few years, so what,we don't get a take home patrol car, i made 57,000 last year with very little o.t. plus another $6,000 in off duties.......as far as the last comment on here about our admin.... they have done nothing but make our department better in the past years and I doubt that the ( UNKNOWN ) person that made them comments even works with us....

Well obviously you are one of the a** kissing good ole boys. If you've been here for any period of time then you know that if you're not one of them you go no where, just ask some of the guys that are stuck in patrol. Just look at who they have made a FTO and who they have made a SRO,,,,,COME ON, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDIN ME. All those material things do not make a great agency.

WELL IF YOUR NOT HAPPY THEN LEAVE. I HEARD WASTE AID IS HIRING, YOUR MOUTH SURE FITS THE JOB ( YOU TALK ALOT OF CRASH )..... MAYBE YOUR JUST IN THE BURN OUT STAGE OF THE JOB... YOU WERE HIRED AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, TO PROTECT PEOPLE, ENFORCE THE LAWS, BUT IF YOUR NOT IN THAT MIND STAGE RETIRE... HAVE A MEETING WITH 801 LAST TIME I CHECKED HE HAD AN OPEN DOOR POLICY!!!!!!

WELL ENJOY YOUR CAREER ON ROAD PATROL AND STAY SAFE... IN MY OPINION EVERYONE AT OUR DEPARTMENT DOES A GREAT JOB.....

I believe a forum like this is a great idea and support the freedom to speak and the interaction among Law Enforcement Officers. The problem I see is that people read the comments posted on here without knowing the man/woman behind the post. The negative comments posted on here are obviously made by someone who is a non-contributor. Those of us who work in Law Enforcement know that most of the people we work with are great, but there are people we work with that will never be happy. I would venture to guess it is this way in all fields of work. The person behind these posts is most likely someone who never realizes his contribution to his own failed career goals. He then feels the need to blame his failures on others around him instead of the real culprit, himself!

The writer of these post shows his malcontent attitude be calling two of his administrates “a**holes and uneducated redneck”. These two men who have combined over 40 years in Law Enforcement experience. They did not get to their level they are at by mistake. None of us agrees with all the decisions that our administrators make, but we don’t go on a public forum and disrespect two men who most likely hired you and saved your job more than once.

Answering the original poster’s question, the New Port Richey Police Department is most likely similar to most Law Enforcement Agencies. It is what you make of it. If you are someone who cares and puts forth an effort, you will be rewarded. If you expect things to be handed to you just because you have time on the job, you will be disappointed. We all know that police work is about teamwork and some people will never understand that concept.

This will be my only post on this thread and will not get into an argument with someone as negative as the original responder on this thread, we all know that there is usually no way to get through to people like that. ja

Response to JA

JA, you're post was accurate to a certaine degree. As you know, the department is extremely understaffed. The administration is aware of this severe staffing shortage. The problem, as I see it, is the chief continues to acquiesce to the powers to be ( The city manager, members of council, or anyone who lives along the river ). North 19 is out of control, yet we set up speed traps in 25 MPH zones. Dope and gangs are a real problem, yet we bury our heads in the sand. To the average citizen of New Port Richey, I urge you to drive along Main Street, or North on U.S. 19, and see what is walking down the road. It's not a tourist or a shopper, but a person looking to score some crack or a prostitute looking for a john. New Port Richey is no longer a bunch of retired folks playing shuffleboard, but is now a haven for drug dealers, prostitutes, and gang members ( Latin Kings, refer to The St Pete Times ). To the tax paying, law abiding citizens of New Port Richey, I urge you to attend city council meetings, and demand more police officers, instead of 14 million dollar waterparks, and bailing out defunct private business ventures ( Main Street Landing ). Signed, someone who sees the truth.

I do not believe in hiding. This person has a problem with dicipline and is unable to realize it. Instead he would like to get on the internet a bad mouth an agency that has done nothing but positive things over the past few years. This person needs to talk about what he has done for the agency if anyehing. I could tell you this that if this officer wanted to leave because it is so bad(and he should) there is a waiting list to replace him.

17 years at this agency, and I am glad I did not work with this person from the begiining H.K. SNYDER

Negative commets

I agree with 809, we can post here without putting negative comments about certain officers/administrators ( Although it takes all of the fun out of it!!)

You think YOU have problems - try working for the PD just north of you...

Anonymous PRPD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast