Credit where credit is due

Credit where credit is due

I have recently moved here from the South West and I am impressed with the work of WCSO that they have done the past year bringing down the "drug dealers" in our community. I have read all the post on C.I.D doing all the work. Wait a minute, am I wrong in thinking that more forces were involved such as FBI, TBI, DEA, ICE, IRS, ATF, 1st and 2nd Judicial Drug Task Force, Jonesborough Police Department and SWAT. Lets give credit where it belongs, to all officers who worked these cases. I might be mistaken but being a retired police officer I know that it takes more than a few officers in C.I.D to take down a drug distribution network that "stretched" from Mexico to Georgia to East Tennessee as I read in the press. As someone who has worked narcotics in the past, I know that there are numerous agents and investigators who work in the "shadows" and to those individuals (you know who you are) I say Thank You and Job Well Done. Sheriff Graybeal should be proud of all his officers.

hmm

i agree and respect your service. the "shadowers" cant get the credit that is deserved. C.I.D does work hard and we do kick ass but it is a team effort. thanks

Thank You for your services Vet, I in no way wanted to downplay those other agencies that you mentioned, they were in fact a huge effort in this successful take down. I was only responding to other post that WCSO did not have anythihng to do with the bust. It was initiated by WCSO C.I.D. and from that point it became a combined effort with those agencies listed. If my comments were construed as being self centered toward WCSO, I apoligize, Those agencies were a hugh help and the investigation would have been probably impossible without them. Again it has been proven that WCSO does have a great working relationship with other agencies, both local and federal.
    So in closing I would like to credit those other agencies and WCSO for the great success in putting those thugs behind bars where they belong. Again Vet, Thanks for your service and your continued support of the great profession of Law Enforcement.

Re: Credit where credit is due

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 28 yr vet
    I have recently moved here from the South West and I am impressed with the work of WCSO that they have done the past year bringing down the "drug dealers" in our community. I have read all the post on C.I.D doing all the work. Wait a minute, am I wrong in thinking that more forces were involved such as FBI, TBI, DEA, ICE, IRS, ATF, 1st and 2nd Judicial Drug Task Force, Jonesborough Police Department and SWAT. Lets give credit where it belongs, to all officers who worked these cases. I might be mistaken but being a retired police officer I know that it takes more than a few officers in C.I.D to take down a drug distribution network that "stretched" from Mexico to Georgia to East Tennessee as I read in the press. As someone who has worked narcotics in the past, I know that there are numerous agents and investigators who work in the "shadows" and to those individuals (you know who you are) I say Thank You and Job Well Done. Sheriff Graybeal should be proud of all his officers.
    I agree. I think that all the task force agents go unreconized and they are the ones who deserve credit also. Good post. DEA works hard in this community but live in the shadows. Outstanding job to all on those cases!

Yes

Good Job to all