LAPD
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD

LAPD

This ought to be good. I am looking forward to seeing what others have to say about this place. Count me in.

:twisted:

I can tell you what I have to say. I am a Sgt. in Miami Fl. and we love seeing your chases everyday on the news. Keep up the good chases. Wish we were aloud to chase more than we do.

what chases are you talking about Sgt? Cause I can not remember the last chase we had here in midnight central.

Television Chases

It would seem as though the hype of our nation's televised vehicle chases has glamourized the idea of not only chasing, but more importantly and disturbingly, the fleeing of hardened and sometimes novice criminals. These chases happen all the time and rarely end with positive results. More often than not, somebody gets hurt or killed and it is often the un-suspecting citizen who ends up the victim. Don't believe the hype. It is not all what you think it is unless you arre a cop and have been behind the wheel during a chase. Tunnel vision, audible sensory deprivation and a whole lot of other physiological effects take place, all the while we are to maintain continuous communications with dispatch, our fellow officers and keep the damn car on the road...lot's to think about...Next time, change the channel. If the bad guy thinks that nobody is watching then perhaps he will think twice about fleeing.

[color=darkblue]Are there any LAPD cops on these boards? I would like to hear from you guys. How is your Chief? Is he better or worse than Parks?? I heard that guy was dirty. His daughter was arrested running dope with some Bloods?? Any truth to this??

Quote Originally Posted by sysco
    I can tell you what I have to say. I am a Sgt. in Miami Fl. and we love seeing your chases everyday on the news. Keep up the good chases. Wish we were aloud to chase more than we do.
    Who the hell are you kidding! We don't chase at all in Miami. LAPD be happy you got Bratton and not the Irish A$$ Clown John Timoney :!: :twisted:

Pete Casey

I'm a cop in South Florida. I have always looked up to LAPD. As a rookie I was motivated by a tv special on Pete Casey. Is he still around. What Division?

If I were a criminal, I would only commit crimes in cities who have a no chase policy. (Baltimore is the first) All you have to do, is get to a car and your free. Imagine not chasing a car full of terrorist only to have them escape and fullfill their misson. They popped a red light, you put on the lights, they flee, you turn off the light, and they go free. You want to stop chases? give them a year in prison for every traffic control device they violate. Suspened their license for LIFE. Chases will be a rare event if they get more time for running than the crime they are running from. But not chasing someone who is flreeing the police, is absured. I am not FOR chases, been in too many and almost been killed, but if all you have to do is run in a car to get away, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cop
    If I were a criminal, I would only commit crimes in cities who have a no chase policy. (Baltimore is the first) All you have to do, is get to a car and your free. Imagine not chasing a car full of terrorist only to have them escape and fullfill their misson. They popped a red light, you put on the lights, they flee, you turn off the light, and they go free. You want to stop chases? give them a year in prison for every traffic control device they violate. Suspened their license for LIFE. Chases will be a rare event if they get more time for running than the crime they are running from. But not chasing someone who is flreeing the police, is absured. I am not FOR chases, been in too many and almost been killed, but if all you have to do is run in a car to get away, they will.
    Well said. I agree 100%. I am not trying get in a chase, dont like em, but we gotta fix this bs. Well the law maker need to fix it. What can we do about this?? LAPD ought to step up cause all other departmants around the US follow their lead. Look LAPD, like it or not you guys are famous! People copy you guys so lets see some change from LAPD Admin. If you guys and your DA started charging these scum bags for every traffic violation and the wreck and following it through to a conviction I'm sure my department would follow.... Plus your admin could sway lawmakers..
    10yr female vet from a Florida Sheriff's Office
    Also it would be nice to hear from some LADP cops.
    PS, I never have time to watch the bs TV shows.

where is sgt.friday? best L.A.P.D.COP/DET. U GUYS HAVE EVER HAD,L.O.L. GET OVER YOURSELVES,U GUYS AINT SH..!!! BRAIN WASHED TO THINK DIFFERENTLY,PERO NO!YOU HAVE A BASICALLY BIGOTED P.D. WITH SOME REAL ABUSIVE COPS OF ALL COLORS AND NATIONALITIES AND WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO COMPLIMENT YOUR CHASE POLICY,SOME JERK ACTS LIKE HE IS ABOVE US!!
    REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I WENT WEST TO VISIT AND TRAIN WITH SOME LAPD GUYS.. THERE WERE 2 HISPANICS,GONZALEZ AND RODRIGUEZ AND NEITHER WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE ME IN SPANISH.. I SAID,"DONT U GUYS SPEAK SPANISH"?? MR GONZALEZ SAID,"NO WE R 3RD GENERATION" WHAT AN A.. HOLE,LOSER... HE COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE HISPANIC LOOKING IF BROUGHT FROM MAYAN TEMPLE,POBRECITO!! TRYING TO BE ANGLO DOESNT WORK. BE PROUD OF WHO U R AND WHERE U CAME FROM,COME PINGA!
    THEN PROVE U BELONG AND R BETTER PREPARED THAN THOSE WHO ARE LANGUAGE CHALLENGED!!!
    MIAMI P.D. ,REAL BILINGUAL COP,ESE!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast