FRESH OFF PRESS!

FRESH OFF PRESS!

I just heard the Chief has a meeting with Sheriff Coates about getting a high ranking job at PCSO. Does this mean takeover for us?

God I hope, we have many sergants and a LT that need to apply at Wakenhut while the rest go on to the green and white.

Getting the S.O. down here has been a long time comming and dearly overdue.

I heard they just are meeting to tickle each others change purses (if you know what I mean)

Think...

The city council will NEVER vote for PCSO to patrol good ole G town.

The citizens will lose:
    1) Response time to calls for service
    2) Loss of control (city manager would not have control of the law enforcement function of the city he is running
    3) Loss of quality of service (dont get me wrong, the SO is ok, but they are not going to respond to the types of calls most GP citizens are use to getting an officer to come out for.

Treasure Island had the opportunity to go SO. THE CITY OF TI SAID NO. Do you really think our city fathers would feel any differently?

Having a local PD with local control is BETTER. Maybe not for some who are employeed at that particular PD, but better for the citizens at large. (just my opinion, feel free to criticize). Do you think Coates would care about noise complaints at the Peninsula Inn, or the Blueberry patch. NO, but some of the GP citizens feel that these problems are worthy of our time. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't, thats not for me to decide. But I'll tell you this, our citizens are happy to see a patrol officer show up, even if the call is not crime related. It may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but sometimes cop work ain't chasing down the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aru Crazy
    Think...

The city council will NEVER vote for PCSO to patrol good ole G town.

The citizens will lose:
    1) Response time to calls for service
    2) Loss of control (city manager would not have control of the law enforcement function of the city he is running
    3) Loss of quality of service (dont get me wrong, the SO is ok, but they are not going to respond to the types of calls most GP citizens are use to getting an officer to come out for.

Treasure Island had the opportunity to go SO. THE CITY OF TI SAID NO. Do you really think our city fathers would feel any differently?

Having a local PD with local control is BETTER. Maybe not for some who are employeed at that particular PD, but better for the citizens at large. (just my opinion, feel free to criticize). Do you think Coates would care about noise complaints at the Peninsula Inn, or the Blueberry patch. NO, but some of the GP citizens feel that these problems are worthy of our time. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't, thats not for me to decide. But I'll tell you this, our citizens are happy to see a patrol officer show up, even if the call is not crime related. It may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but sometimes cop work ain't chasing down the bad guy.
    This is a very true statement.

pcso

u're right the city manger won't be for it. loses alot of the control. However the So Has a policy that says they aren't allowed to refuse a call.

If LEO services get contracted by PCSO, PCSO usually hires all that are in good standing. So a certain Sgt that likes to ride everyones ass, or burn a hole in yours, he'll be equal rank to you when you start.

:evil: