Reno 911

Poll: Reno 911, in regards to the department is...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Reno 911

Reno 911

Hello, I am a fan of the television show Reno 911, but it recently struck me that the hard working men and women of the Sheriff's Department must be effected by this show. The premise is that a collection of comedians portray humorously incompetent officers, and while genuinely hilarious, I would hate if you were somehow percieved improperly.

I was just wondering if you have any stories to share regarding the public's perception of you in relation to the show. Thank you very much.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Reno 911

We have taken this show tongue in cheek. I believe that we have all realized that it is just a TV show and the only connection between the show and our agency is the city name. I actually had some tourists come to our main station and wanted to take a picture of me in front of the station because it looks nothing like the show. Our uniforms are forest green, (in the show they use tan), or station is a 3 level all white structure with an 1100 inmate detention center attached to the rear. Palm trees do not grow here as you see in the front of the building that is used for the show. So, we do not see it as much of a comparison. All in all I believe that we enjoy the humor just as much as the rest of the public.