The Mayor's 11% pay increase

The Mayor's 11% pay increase

ops: Ok, let me figure this out. we ask the great Mayor for a raise, almost a year later they decide to put it through some bullsh!t survey which wouldn't even cover the job we do.
    She gets a brain storm has and see's someone else with the same title make more than she does, She puts it up for a vote, and it passes. Sh!t if its that easy, what happen to our $2 dollars an hour?.
    Its nice knowing, we bust your a$$ ever damn day, and this little b!tch comes in when she feels like it and make now 150k a year. Something aint right here. I will be happy at an easy 40k a year. this 33k crap just aint working for me. But the city wonders why we cannot hang on to people... hmmm Gee I wonder.

Am I the only one which feels like we are getting screwed over here, damn even Tampa fire makes fore than us, and they do less.
    Maybe money is why everyone has this I hate my job attitude..
    But for the record, I love the type of job I do. Sorry peeps, but I just cannot stay with TPD. It doesnt cover my bills.
    Been nice working with some of you.. Others.. well have fun.
    My weekend is almost here, and dont be surprissed if Im not back.. take care

i'm touched

that was almost like a 68 letter!

We can b!tch and moan on here.. Its not like its going to do anything..
    But don't worry, our raise is coming.. Sometime in the next 10 years...lol

(haven't seen the sight in a couple months.. i LIke the new set up)...

Mayor Pam

I knew this would draw out the darts. The moment I read the city council had proposed a pay raise for Mayor Pam, someone would speak up!

The contract your union pushed on you amounted to a pay cut. You went from receiving a 10-15% increase for an exceeds expectations review to earning a 5% pay raise for the same review. Unfortunately, you are tied into other city employees and their lack of backbone ultimately forced your hand.

According to reports, Mayor Pam salary lagged behind other bay area cities, most notably St. Petersburg. Prior to leaving the department, I was under the impression we lagged 8 municipalities in the bay area. Wake up City of Tampa, the employees you so covet are Tampa and they need to be respected and paid the fair wage they so richly deserve.

Mayor Pam, can you spare a few bucks for the people who protect your credibility?