Lost yet another - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am sorry for your losses. I just laid a very good friend of mine to rest yesterday. I work for a small Sheriff's office on the west coast of Florida, Pasco county Sheriffs office. I work in the jail right now, but I have worked the streets. I am jealous that your Chief and Mayor show up to your funerals, though. Even if it is all bull, at least they are there. Where I work, they don't know the first thing about being proffessional. I hve been living here for approx. 14 years, I came from Long Island N.Y. I was raised in an area of three of the best Police agencies in the country ( Nassau, Suffolk counties and N.Y.P.D ). They are the reason I wanted to be a Po Po in the first place.. San fran is another great U.S. city, and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. See, my friend ( might ) have been gay. I knew him for a long time, but that was a part of his life we didn't go to. To me, a friend is a friend. He was my friend before, he will be my friend no matter what. He was having a very tough year trying to come to grips with childhood abuse and he burned a lot of sick leave. Even though you earn your sick leave with my agency, they frown upon you using it. Wouldn't you know, the Sheriff couldn't make the funeral. Would you believe he coudn't break hinself away from a golf game. He sent his minion Colonel instead and the chump said nothing on my friends behalf. Our honor guard was there and did a great job, but they didn't even play taps for him. The week previous to the funeral, they didn't even lower the flag. The command staff didn't wear bands on their badges. They didn't even make the bands available to us. We were issued black electrical tape though. I had to go around and tell people to wear it. I threatened some with force. I don't know where I'm going with this, I guess I'm just venting. I figured Sanfransisco Cops might find this interesting. I don't know how messed up your agency is, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to mine. Again, and for what it's worth, I am deeply sorry for your losses. I know what you're feeling right now. If I ran my agency, things would surely change. Who knows, I'm only 35, ROLLFAST in 2020? I would say Florida is approx. 20 years behind the times. There are a few exceptions- Tampa, St. Pete, Miami etc. but all in all, Florida doesn't have a clue. I would like to vent like this on my own board, but I'm sure it's monitered by the Sheriff and retaliation would be swift. A reply to this post is not intended for anyone, but I would like some input from those that find this as crappy as I do.

Rollfast.

Is alternate lifestyle acceptable?

I don't know what the deal is, but I don't recall writing unfortunately in the above post. I think it might be a " BIG BROTHER" incident? Kinda makes me wonder if posting here is a good idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12