Preferential treatment?

Preferential treatment?

Has anyone heard that a trainee is being shipped from district to district in an apparent attempt to "get him through?" He's in his final phase and in his 3rd district. Any comments?

Yea, but usually it happens with female deputies.

deputies get moved around all the time while in training and not just the females either. Alot of it is for training purposes and where they need another warm body to fill a spot. It's not always a conspiracy.

Yes there is a deputy that has gone from SE, to NE, to SW currently. I have known 2 deputies prior to this and they have of the same race/gender as this deputy. There was another deputy of a different race, same gender who was having a very hard time and was told that if he did not get his 'stuff' in order during the first 12 weeks he would be gone. I'm sure there have been others that they 'slid' through including some females and males, but these stick out in my mind the most because they actually went through re-training 1-2 more times in different districts. I know of a few deputies when patrol was VERY short they slid through in STEP because they needed the body on paper to show we had adequate support on shifts, most of them have moved to easier positions, cops, etc, or have quit because pressure from supervisors or patrol have made them leave. I feel that if a person is having problems, minor problems, report writing, radio codes, they can be worked on, but if you have a deputy that just doesnt grasp whats going on in reality, its jeopardizing not only their safety, but the other officers and civilians.