Pension Payouts to Ofc's who Have Left - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i hear something is going to happen with the city keeping all that private money. you guys can say whatever you want, but it is not the city's money its the ofc money. i know the "lifers" at sppd will say its too bad if you leave, but it is still not the city's cash. i hope the city has to give the $ back.

i worked for four years and left for family reasons. this is first time i heard about lawsuit. any info if we can retrieve r money payed into pension

The lawsuit was settled between the PBA (class action) and the City in 2002. The end result was that the City had to pay the officers THEIR contribution with the caveat of "when funds are available". They were available at the time, however, the PBA negotiated to have that money used to improve the current pension members plan as opposed to paying out those of us who had left. Didn't agree with it, but had no say. Now the waiting game is on to see "when funds are available" will occur.

Be safe....

'blood

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

In The Know

I have looked into the entire pensioon issue and tried to follow up on the PBA "settlement" with the city as someone has put it. Here is the real information. There never was a lawsuit. The PBA never filed anything and nothing ever went to court. Whatever this gentlemans agreement is between the PBA and the City is nothing more than a snow job. Call the city and ask them. This is what they will tell you, "You arent entitled to that money back and you will never see a dime of it!" trust me I know. I've been there done that and got the letter to prove it.

If anyone has contacted an attorney outside the PBA I would be interestd in knowing what the real situation is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12