Mayor's pay raise
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Mayor's pay raise

I read in today's Tribune that the administrative staff (AKA Mayor Iorio) is going to present city council with a proposal to increase the mayor's salary by $15,000.00, bringing it up to $150,000.00 per year. I'm sure that doesn't include the perks such as meals, travel etc. that goes along with the office. Looks to me as though Tampa is in pretty good financial shape so the city shouldn't be adverse to granting decent pay raises to the PD. Maybe this time it will to to the grunts in the trenches instead of the Brass in their offices. Oh, I forgot, the Brass are the ones who made the crime go away. Excuse me.....NOT !!!!!!!!!

mayor

Thats why are taxes are going up and she has added more staff.

Quit Your Whining

You people start at a higher salary than most anywhere else, you have benefits that people kill for, and you have the odasity to complain about others. Once you stop looking at what everyone else is doing, you'll see what's going on right under your nose.....crime. Remember, that's what you were hired to handle. If you're not going to deal with it...get the hell out of the way and let someone in there that will. Geez, I'll have to review the requirements to be a TPD cop...an associates degree in Whining.
    I have no allegiance to TPD, but I put in my time, realized it wasn't for me and moved on. I was fortunate to work with some great people. If certain people read this, they'll realize who wrote it, but they're not the ones whining. Knock it off !!

It's interesting.......all of us beg, cry and shout for a RAISE....WE NEED A RAISE.......but, when someone else asks for one everyone freaks out. What a bunch of hypocrites........I could care less if the Mayor gets a raise, I want one as well, but I am not a pathetic hypocrite like others. If she wants to be paid the same as St Pete and Orlando Mayor, then so be it, she asks. Who really cares. I hope we get a raise, i need it for sure.....gas prices......interest rates up......everything is more expensive. But if I can feel good about asking for one I will not shit talk someone else for asking the same as I do.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Re: TPD 745

OK, you "moved on". Why the move, couldn't you complete probation? Or maybe the pot destroyed your brain cells. Hey, it wasn't the "little girlie thing" was it?

I think you are all way off base. This is a GOOD THING. If they mayor deserves an 11% pay raise. Dont we deserve at least 5 5 4 as WE are the ones who expended the sweat that "did this crime reduction" ?

By the way there was not crime reduction, just a change in the way the bean counters counted! (but thats another string on here!)

Between her and us

The mayor does what she wants and lets everyone else eat cake.
    She is quoted herself as saying you dont get into public service to become rich.
    Why is she asking for a raise then?
    She should be leading by example.
    She cut all the peons pay in the city, everyone who needed the money more than staff, raised all of staffs pay, and is now bumping her salary up to a meager 150,000.
    I guess with the raise comes a promotion to queen.
    Another smart move by human resources. Like we would miss that.
    I can't wait until elections. 8)

Mayor deserves raise

I still don’t see the difference. She gave non-sworn city employees a 10.5% raise in their current 3-year contract. She gave sworn an 11 % pay raise in their current contact. The mayor has had no COLA increase since taking office and if the raise is approved it will not take effect until the next term. That means no raise in four years for her, while she has raised every other city employee a minimum of 13.5%-32%. (Based on Previous 4 year COLA’s and step increases) Who got a pay cut? Here something you can think the queen for, the biggest pension multiplier increase in over 20 years and the biggest COLA increase of any mayor in the last 11 years. Yea she is so selfish. I think you owe her an apology.

Hey LP, you hit the nail on the head. But, you cannot reason with people who always want to whine and cry. She is paid less than St pete and Orlando, and big deal, she asks for a raise. We got raises and a nice multiplier.

tell the truth

Non-sworn personnel only get that 10.5% if they are sleeping with the boss fry crying out loud.
    No one is ever given the full amount not in the police department and not elsewhere.
    I don't owe anyone an apology when she herself says "You don't come into public service to get rich."
    She refuses to hire any more building inspectors and tells the few that are here to suck it up.
    Then, after she cuts the pay of every non-sworn person, because she is saving taxpayers dollars, she demands a raise?
    $150,000 plus benefits, plus expense money, plus a vehicle and driver, plus an entourage that is paid more than any other comparable city?
    I am either talking about the queen, a rock star, or the mayor of Tampa.
    If she even tried to do whats right for the non-sworn personnel, I might support it.
    She has shafted the entire city as far as pay is concerned and then expects us to support her when she wants a raise.
    Whats fair is fair.
    Rose Ferlita seems to understand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast