raceway???

Thread: raceway???

raceway???

As a concerned citizen, I would like to know why the Maryland State Police in Cecil County think that the local roads and the I-95 is their personal raceway? I have lived in the area for about 2 years and I have NEVER observed a MSP unit observing the speed limit. You would have no problem pulling me over for speeding but you seem to believe you are above the law. I, too, work in the public safety field and I have heard the excuses you use before, we were on a call. I guess you are on a call while in street clothes, or on a call while going to the gym, or pulling into a convenience store. The law is the law for everyone, and you should not act as if you are better than every other citizen on the highway. I was always under the belief that if you are on a call and it is emergency enough to be sppeding then you should be using your emergency lights and siren. When the citizens you serve see you behaving in a non-professinal manner and blatantly breaking the law, then we lose respect for you and the job you do. You are not better than everyone else, and maybe you should begin to act professional and actually obey the laws you are sworn to uphold. Just a thought, I am supportive of you, and I realize you have a tough job and get very few thank you's, but maybe you should start thinking about the image you are portraying to the public.

Re: raceway???

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen
    As a concerned citizen, I would like to know why the Maryland State Police in Cecil County think that the local roads and the I-95 is their personal raceway? I have lived in the area for about 2 years and I have NEVER observed a MSP unit observing the speed limit. You would have no problem pulling me over for speeding but you seem to believe you are above the law. I, too, work in the public safety field and I have heard the excuses you use before, we were on a call. I guess you are on a call while in street clothes, or on a call while going to the gym, or pulling into a convenience store. The law is the law for everyone, and you should not act as if you are better than every other citizen on the highway. I was always under the belief that if you are on a call and it is emergency enough to be sppeding then you should be using your emergency lights and siren. When the citizens you serve see you behaving in a non-professinal manner and blatantly breaking the law, then we lose respect for you and the job you do. You are not better than everyone else, and maybe you should begin to act professional and actually obey the laws you are sworn to uphold. Just a thought, I am supportive of you, and I realize you have a tough job and get very few thank you's, but maybe you should start thinking about the image you are portraying to the public.
    Gimme a break dude. If you "work in public safety" then you would know that there are calls which are pressing, and require a quick response, however running lights and siren is not an option or authorized. You people will complain about everything...you're the same type of person that would call the police and complain that we didn't get there quick enough for you, then turn around and complain that the police drive too fast. Whos side are you on? You don't know what the barrack has going on, and what that particular trooper is responding to...it could be your wife, your kid, or a family member that their going to help. So how about this? Mind your own business. Mr. Public Safety....

"there are calls which are pressing, and require a quick response, however running lights and siren is not an option or authorized"
    EXACTLY!

WOW!!! I just asked a simple question and look at the very unprofessional responses I get. This is the very attitude that make people distrust law enforcement and look down on them in general. I am not saying you are not a needed profession, I'm just saying that maybe if you held yourself to the same standards that you hold others to and stop thinking or acting like you are above the law then the public's attitudes would change about members of your profession. Police Officers are always so defensive and always try to justify their actions by sarcasm or by talking down to people. If people in my profession (which is also public safety) acted the same way towards the public as you do, we'd lose our jobs. I'd hate to live in a world without Police Officers but I sure do wish your profession would begin to treat the public with a little more respect.

Go ahead and belittle my comments again, time for you to try and play big boy and bully someone. I bet you feel like a big man, huh? Maybe makes you think your "little johnson" is bigger than mine........WOW, I'm afraid, very afraid.

I can turn your comments back around on you also, I will come when you call and need me. It may be your husband, wife, son, daughter, or other family member that I am helping and you can be rest assurred I will show your family member the upmost respect while providing them with the services they need because I am a professional. Try having the same attitude sometime, maybe you'll learn to like it and then the public will learn to respect and appreciate you also. Remember: It's tough to get others to respect you when you don't respect yourself. Respect is something you earn not something automatically bestowed upon you because you carry and badge and gun.

Fire back......I'm ready!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenII
    WOW!!! I just asked a simple question and look at the very unprofessional responses I get. This is the very attitude that make people distrust law enforcement and look down on them in general. I am not saying you are not a needed profession, I'm just saying that maybe if you held yourself to the same standards that you hold others to and stop thinking or acting like you are above the law then the public's attitudes would change about members of your profession. Police Officers are always so defensive and always try to justify their actions by sarcasm or by talking down to people. If people in my profession (which is also public safety) acted the same way towards the public as you do, we'd lose our jobs. I'd hate to live in a world without Police Officers but I sure do wish your profession would begin to treat the public with a little more respect.

Go ahead and belittle my comments again, time for you to try and play big boy and bully someone. I bet you feel like a big man, huh? Maybe makes you think your "little johnson" is bigger than mine........WOW, I'm afraid, very afraid.

I can turn your comments back around on you also, I will come when you call and need me. It may be your husband, wife, son, daughter, or other family member that I am helping and you can be rest assurred I will show your family member the upmost respect while providing them with the services they need because I am a professional. Try having the same attitude sometime, maybe you'll learn to like it and then the public will learn to respect and appreciate you also. Remember: It's tough to get others to respect you when you don't respect yourself. Respect is something you earn not something automatically bestowed upon you because you carry and badge and gun.

Fire back......I'm ready!
    :roll: