FHP Back at it again / Petta Cited - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

:wink: MOST OF THE STOLEN VEHICLES ARE DRUG LOANERS, SO LET THEM GO IF HE BECOMES RECKLESS. IF I WAS STRUCK BY A SPEEDING SUV CHASING THIS STOLEN CAR AND MY CHILD WAS WITH ME I WOULD BE PISSED. YOU CAN NOT ENTER A INTERSECTION AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED WHEN THE LIGHT IS RED (COMMON SENSE). JUST THINK REAL HARD, IS THAT POSSIBLE DRUG LOANER WORTH THE DEATH OF A FAMILY THAT YOU WILL KILL WHEN YOU BLAZE THROUGH THAT RED LIGHT? THAT IS SOMETHING YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. CHANCES ARE THE SUSPECT IF CAUGHT IS OUT ON BOND WITHIN HOURS. THE FAMILY IS DEAD FOREVER. HE WAS WRONG AND THE CORRECT ACTION WAS TAKEN.

I totally agree

Now that this thing is over we can comment on it. Petta was wrong he did not follow policy or good decision making. I was on scene and the FHP Sgt. did not want to cite Petta. The policy came all the way from Tallahassee to cite if at fault. If you want to hate then you need to call FHP management in Tallahassee do not take it out on local troopers who had nothing to do with the policy. They have to do their jobs and follow their policy even if they personnally may not agree with it. By the way 100+ mph after a sig 10 on US41 at that time of day. What experienced LEO would agree with that decision making. Law enforcement is all about one thing, the ability to make good decisions rapidly under pressure and stress while your adrenalin is pumping. In this case he let it get the best of him. I dont know one guy in LE that has not made a bad decision during their career. The test for Petta is did he learn from his mistake and will it make him a better officer in the future. I think so, and we are all greatful that the citizen or Petta were not killed. A milisecond difference in the positioning of the vehicles could have been fatal. Petta your a good cop with great potential but remember its all about good decisions.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    AMEN!!!!
    Some people think they are being "picked on" when reality smacks them in the face. If reality is kicking your arse, ask yourself "WHY", don't sit back and cry about it!

Quote Originally Posted by guest12
    We are not above the law, but in my opinion its a perk of the position. Every job in america has their specific perks and this is ours so give it a rest, if you dont like the fact that other cops give cops breaks then maybe you should become a cop. I also dont think that an agency FHP or not can demand that a trooper or officer write a ticket.
    i crashed me car into a fixed object and got a utc from FHP.

when the BRAT was after Trp. C.M. I was patrolling her 42 every night I worked.

life goes on people. lets just try to do the right thing if we can.
    lets get the big blue wall repaired.

I love it when cops fight with each other...great professionalism.

I also love when cops think it's ok to kill someone by running a red light to stop a s10. Not worth it.

I really love it when one gives another one a ticket...priceless.

Iheard Petta's ticket was thrown out in court? Anyone talk to him to confirm?

Give it up FHP. You make your rules for others and not yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Before everyone starts condemning the FHP Trooper for doing their job as directed to do, get the file and see all the facts. The most important fact was Petta's speed. From what I was told about the speed at the time of the crash and I'm not going to give out his speed on this board (pulled from the black box) but it was VERY excessive. The other driver had the green and never heard the siren because Petta was "overdriving his siren". The other driver was lucky he or she didn't enter the intersection 1 second sooner. If he/she did then they may have been t-boned by Petta. Then FHP most likely would have been working a THI.

As much as we all want to do our jobs, we have to restrain ourselves. We all take risks in doing our jobs well, but we cannot be reckless with our actions. Remember your family and mine drive these roads everyday.

Holy crap, i want the same kind of car Petta had. If he was "over driving his siren" he was going the speed of sound and i agree, that is to fast for the road.

Let it go people.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910