Secretary McDonough I think I was too critical

Secretary McDonough I think I was too critical

The professionalism and integrity of an organization is not defined by those who break its rules, but by those who uphold them. I am proud to say that the overwhelming majority of state employees in the Department of Corrections held steadfast to their duty despite the rot that had penetrated the agency. Their integrity and strong character has been validated. Their Code of Conduct, their allegiance to the rule of law and their commitment to ensuring the public safety shines a light where others sought to hide their corruption.

While today's actions signal the culmination of a thorough investigation into the corruption that has plagued this agency for far too long, the past several months have given rise to a new day of ethical duty, high morals and a code of tough standards by which we will all live and serve.

Able men and women have ascended to fill the past voids in leadership. They represent the integrity, commitment and sense of duty that the Department of Corrections and the people of Florida deserve.

Many of the Department's employees put themselves in harm's way every day. They all command respect and will be expected to live up to these standards both on the job and off.

Maybe just he does understand us. Thanks for the Confidence. A boost to morale.

As long as he does things to help with the operation of DOC. These indictments do nothing to help the average PO in the field except give some satisfaction that someone got what they deserved. These indictments would have happened without McDonough - the ball was already rolling. It sounds good but this is more just getting headlines. McDonough needs to address operational issues also.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    McDonough needs to address operational issues also.
    So have you told him what issues need to be addressed? I'll be happy to pass them on myself along with my own thoughts
    If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
    Louis D. Brandeis
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/.jpg

You missed the point

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As long as he does things to help with the operation of DOC. These indictments do nothing to help the average PO in the field except give some satisfaction that someone got what they deserved. These indictments would have happened without McDonough - the ball was already rolling. It sounds good but this is more just getting headlines. McDonough needs to address operational issues also.
    My point was that he has at last made a complete statement acknowledging that our agency has some really good people. That most of the agency was not corrupt but that we did and do our best for the citizens of the State of Florida. He had nothing to do with the indictments.

If you want to pass on some operational issues just look at how the corruption affected policies and the administration. The people are gone but some of the rot (not people) are still in place.

some of the rot (not people) are still in place.
    I beg to differ.

Some of the rot ARE people and that is giving them credit.

Let me just say three words here:

Red****, Ross and Harvey

(There are more words, but you get my point.)

Re: You missed the point

Quote Originally Posted by CSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    My point was that he has at last made a complete statement acknowledging that our agency has some really good people. That most of the agency was not corrupt but that we did and do our best for the citizens of the State of Florida. He had nothing to do with the indictments.

If you want to pass on some operational issues just look at how the corruption affected policies and the administration. The people are gone but some of the rot (not people) are still in place.
    Reverse your thinking for a minute. Look at some of the policies that affected the corruption or allowed it to happen. Do our policies hold the people assigned to key positions accountable for their work performance? We have to develop checks and balances in the system.

No you got it

Reverse your thinking for a minute. Look at some of the policies that affected the corruption or allowed it to happen. Do our policies hold the people assigned to key positions accountable for their work performance? We have to develop checks and balances in the system.

You see my point.... who is held accountable and who is not?

Code:
    You see my point.... who is held accountable and who is not?
    Yep. I'd also look at the folks who were appointed/promoted to management positions during the Crosby era and reassign them to positions within their capabilities. Crosby is a criminal folks. We know he was committing criminal acts while on duty. He would not have promoted honest people or folks experienced or bright enough to catch on right away.

crosby and the Colonel

That was a nice post. You asked for some feedback to make things better. As posted on this site Crosby promoted people that were not qualified or deserving. They remain in their positions, hiding, maybe they will never be identified. Someone on this post asked for information to correct or give information. Who are you? What can you do? Identify yourself before you ask someone else to. I will with out question post my identity if you are interested and you post who you are. The indictment regarding ghost postions is BS there were many more than the one we read about. I have seen many more. Why is it the new Secertary allows the shameless pomotions to stand? You know the one's from Lt. to Asst. Warden in three years. CPO sups to DCA in one year. What a joke. Let's see some action from the "Colonel" instead of meaningless words. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Re: crosby and the Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by jake2
    That was a nice post. You asked for some feedback to make things better. As posted on this site Crosby promoted people that were not qualified or deserving. They remain in their positions, hiding, maybe they will never be identified. Someone on this post asked for information to correct or give information. Who are you? What can you do? Identify yourself before you ask someone else to. I will with out question post my identity if you are interested and you post who you are. The indictment regarding ghost postions is BS there were many more than the one we read about. I have seen many more. Why is it the new Secertary allows the shameless pomotions to stand? You know the one's from Lt. to Asst. Warden in three years. CPO sups to DCA in one year. What a joke. Let's see some action from the "Colonel" instead of meaningless words. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    They could not do that because all of the SES/SMS appointments are suspect since JEB took office.