Take home cars

Thread: Take home cars

Take home cars

Hey guys, just curious how much greener the grass is on the other side. Do ya'll get take home cars? thanks be safe

our take home car policy is a joke. you have to live in the city. I would look into a different agency if a take home is important to you.

just curious, thanks for the x43

I have to agree on our take home car program being a joke. The real take home car program is designed for administration types and detectives. The detectives at least drive detective type cars while the administration drives unmarked newer police cars.

The rules for residing in the city are different for those persons that only count in the eyes of the administration.

You only get to take your cars home if you live int he city? Then why are there so many CPD cars in Pasco County parked in garages?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You only get to take your cars home if you live int he city? Then why are there so many CPD cars in Pasco County parked in garages?
    Yeah - was thinking the same thing. I live in Trinity and there are two marked Clearwater cruisers in my neighborhood.

Bob

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    The take home car policy is for: FTO's, Traffic Enforcement Officer's, Detective's, K-9 officer's, Community Policing Sgt's, Community Policing Officer's have assigned cars and can take home for maintenance (wink wink), IA, Training officer's, School Resource Officer's, Motor Officer's, Lieutenant's and higher, Camera Sergeant, Hispanic Outreach Officer, Community Liason Officer (or whatever Scotty Flave does), and Staff

Who doesn't have take home cars - Patrol Officer's that don't live in the CITY.

This agency is a very good agency. The take home car policy is one of 2-things our Chief will need to address for Officer RECRUITMENT not retention. He also needs to offer lateral pay to keep brining in the highly trained officer's from other agencies that want to come here.

I hope this enlightens you, BE SAFE!

Take home cars for everyone is nice, but I'd be more interested in resolving manpower issues. The third floor has no idea what goes on in real life.

I agree. To put 3 officer on the road on West and 3 officer on the road East is an issue. Just make sure your loved ones ask how many officers were on the road when you get hurt. Sorry to say the only way this City and Dept will realize or do something about this is when one of us gets hurt. We have came close this yr.

Honestly this is complete BS. How about we stitch places with Admin and see how they like being on the road these days. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Each haven forgotten where they came from.

Stay safe and watch each other back.

The manpower problem in this department has been ongoing and ever increasing over the years and has yet to be resolved in any real form. Paper numbers don’t count on the street where it’s really at. Don’t expect anyone in the north third floor offices to come and work the road because it isn’t going to happen. The days of wine and roses are over with and went out with the so called open door policy. How do I know this, well we are still talking about aren’t we?

Forgotten where they come from? Just think about it, two of the top three never worked the road here and what they recall or remember as real police work first hand didn’t even happen here. So when they speak of how things worked in the olden days, the olden days were not even here but someplace else under different working conditions. Some better, some worse, but not even here where we are and after all that’s where it really counts isn’t it?

So until our problems become their problems and their priorities, nothing will ever change. We have said this before many times and still many of the basic problems persist. So go ahead, keep the dam car, just give me a back up from my own district when I need one.