FOP for civilians

FOP for civilians

I understand that ya'll have a civilian FOP chapter could you give me some input on what you think about FOP rep you? Has it improved your work enviroment etc.. anything you want to share or you would do different? thanks

fop for civilians

The civilian employees of CCSO have had FOP for their legal representation and for the labor contract negotiations since 1999. We did have to start an FOP Associates lodge in order to bring in this unit. The legal rep is no different than what the certified officers receive and a couple of our civilians have been represented by our labor/legal reps. As for contracts and improvements in working conditions, that all depends on the Sheriff. Our current Sheriff does not negotiate- his team comes in and primarliy says this is it and we argue what we can. The Sheriff is still in control and in this right to work state it is not easy.
    If you were to poll the civilian employees you would receive complaints and compliments on the contract and the FOP Assoc lodge in general. Our lodge is currently assisting 2 other SO's with information on putting together civilian units. If you would like further info contact me at rbroom@fop66.com.