Professional Courtesy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Professional Courtesy

Please.. in the future do your best and extend professional courtesy to all LEO' that YOU pull over.

It's easy to fall under the eye for an eye, but is it nessary and will it teach the individual a lesson??? Or do you lead by example.

Any thoughts??

Just wondering what your thoughts are on extending professional courtesy to EMS and Fire personnel? I am a LEO in Florida and we have trouble with cops giving cops tickets, though mainly it is with the Troopers. I do not (generally) write EMS or Fire personnel because I never know when I may need one of them to help me. I am just curious as to the attitude and ideas with your agency. Be safe out there.

Sysop

Terms of Use

Glad to see this Message Board being used. However, I just deleted 2 messages slamming an officer for giving cops tickets. For those of you who keep it professional in here and adhere to our Terms of Use, thankyou! For those who don't, your posting will be deleted and you access banned. Thanks for your support!

troopers

to the guys in law enforcement don't put yourself were a trooper has to stop you you need to show example not set your self up for failure it looks bad on your dept. weather in virginia or out of state you should be ashamed to use your BADGE to try and get out of a ticket when you know better the troopers are just doing there job like you when you are on DUTY

professional courtesy

I was issued a ticket by a VSP Trooper two years ago. I did show my Police ID but it didn't matter. Up north, cops don't write cops tickets! Period! When you're getting your A** kicked on the side of the highway, who do you think is going to stop. I sure will because were supposed to be a brotherhood. You wouldn't write a family member a ticket would you? If you would then you're an idiot. Anyway, I have been shot at, assaulted etc all while protecting and serving so I don't think its a big deal to be given a break on a speeding ticket. Those are the only laws I would ever violate. Now guys, don't tell me you guys don't violate traffic laws either. Any VSP troopers I stop in my jursidiction are immediately written for every single violation I can find. As far as I'm concerned, they are no longer in the brotherhood. PS. I paid my ticket and I'm sure that money went right into the tax coffers.

Ticket

You are so right, The brotherhood seems to be found up north. I can not believe some of the officers that are down here and would write their own mothers. Florida my be a great place to work, but the brotherhood is up there.

Thank for letting me vent.

Be safe

US

MANNNNNNNNNNN I HAVE TO AGREE I HAVE A HEAVY FOOT AND I STILL WOULD NOT WRITE A FELLOW OFFICER . THOSE THAT WOULD NEED TO LIKTEN UP. JUST LIKE A FRIEND OF MINE STOPPED A DRUNKEN DRIVER AND CALLED HIM A CAB................ NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BUT WHEN HE STOPPED A COP AND CALLED HIM A CAB ALL OF A SUDDEN WE ARE GIVING FAVORS??????? THIS WORLD IS FULL OF DIRTBAGS THAT ARE OUT THERE TRYING TO HURT US ,,, I GUESS I AM SAYING DANM TAKE CARE OF YOUR BROTHER/SISTER THEY ARE ALL WE HAVE. YOU DISGRESSION IS ALLL YOURSSS ,,,, THE GOOD LORD HAS GIVEN EVERYONE THAT MOST PRESIOUS POWER " A CHOICE".

Virginia State Police

I had a Virginia State Trooper stop me for 84 in a 65 on the State Highway. There is no excuse for my behavior but lets face it, speed is part of our everyday life and sometimes it just happens.

Finding out that I was a Law Enforcement Officer in the State of Florida, Trooper Crowder just smiled. To add insult to injury, he issued me a mandatory court case knowing the implications and departmental hardships this type of action would cause me.

Thank you Trooper Crowder I have now had the pleasure to come into contact with the only officer in the USA who has never exceeded the speed limit. Or is it I came into contact with an insecure power hungry individual who became a police officer only because he knew the badge could protect him. I have my opinion but only Trooper Crowder will know the true answer.

Remember, one of these days you are going to accidentally stop a real bad guy and you may learn the importance of needing another LEO. You may learn that the badge isn’t the power, it’s the brotherhood that comes with it.

I just want all Virginia State Troopers to know that I will still stop and help you when you are in need but if you have the same mental attitude as Trooper Crowder please remember this. If you ever in South Florida and you see me fighting for my life on the side of the road do me a favor and just keep driving. I understand the bad guys, I just don't understand you.

The funny part about this is that last month, I had a Sergeant from Virginia State Police contact me for professional courtesy for several parking citations he received within my jurisdiction. Being a 35 year veteran of Law Enforcement I extended the proper courtesy.
    I find it strange that VSP expect courtesy but don't extend it.

Re: professional courtesy

Quote Originally Posted by cops-cop
    I was issued a ticket by a VSP Trooper two years ago. I did show my Police ID but it didn't matter. Up north, cops don't write cops tickets! Period! When you're getting your A** kicked on the side of the highway, who do you think is going to stop. I sure will because were supposed to be a brotherhood. You wouldn't write a family member a ticket would you? If you would then you're an idiot. Anyway, I have been shot at, assaulted etc all while protecting and serving so I don't think its a big deal to be given a break on a speeding ticket. Those are the only laws I would ever violate. Now guys, don't tell me you guys don't violate traffic laws either. Any VSP troopers I stop in my jursidiction are immediately written for every single violation I can find. As far as I'm concerned, they are no longer in the brotherhood. PS. I paid my ticket and I'm sure that money went right into the tax coffers.
    You're an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast