Trooper Burgos you are a disgrace! - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

First of all on behalf of the Florida Highway Patrol, i'd like to extend my symphathy to the family of Officer Bello. It is a tragic and senseless death.

Ive read all the posts pertaining to this incident and I must say im really not surprised. Everyone is always quick to criticize FHP for writing cops. The bottom line is that every department has cops that have no problem writing other cops tickets. This particular scenario was very unfortunate. Whether or not the trooper exercised bad judgement, when he did find out that the Lt's story was true, the citation was voided. Did any of you stop to think that there might be more to the story then what u read in the newspaper? Do you think the media has all the facts? Did the media interview the trooper to ask him what his thought process was? Ofcourse not.. They put a quote in the paper from a Lt. Col. in Tallahassee who only knows the minimal facts surrounding the incident. From what i have heard, the trooper asked dispatch to find out whether or not there were any crashes involving a Miami-Dade Officer. The response was no. While the trooper had the Lt. stopped, 3 or 4 vehicles stopped to advise the trooper that the Lt. was running people off the road and driving like a maniac. The ticket was written on the basis that the Lt. might be less then truthful about why he was driving in such a reckless mannor. When the trooper found out that the story was in fact true, he did the right thing by voiding the citation. PLease let this rest.

I'm disgusted

Why would ANY cop write another cop in the first place? Remember its always at your DISCRETION. If we dont take care of each other, who will?

Burgos

I hope you can live with yourself, you really should be ashamed of yourself! What could have POSSIBLY been thinking when you wrote a fellow cop? Especially one that works in the same state as you!! Unbelievable...

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Ashamed Today!

I have worn this uniform proudly for 10 years, but today I'm ashamed to say I work for an organization who created a machine that did this deed. The Highway Patrol for about 5 to 6 years now has created the ticket writing revenue generating machine and then rewards these machines with atta-boy letters, Troopers of the month and hell let's give them a Maurader to boot. Let's not make sure that the ticket's that are written are good case's....Let's just look at the numbers! SOAR has helped create this monster, and the Brass turns their heads because they got the numbers they needed.
    Have you no heart, no soul.
    I truely believe during that traffic stop, this Trooper could have been able to see the concern in this man who was distraught and was trying to get to his son.
    Let's throw out that he was a fellow LEO, Let him go. :twisted:
    If he was lying to you, OH the F*%k well. You will get another to double tap to make up for the one that got away.
    I read this board daily and was getting sick and tired of hear of other officers complaining, but this one takes the cake and draws a line. :x

I cant believe that there are cops who are sticking up for this tropper!

trooper burgos you are a disgrace

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    I am disgusted by what this disgrace to the profession has done. I am equally disgusted by anyone who defends or makes excuses for him.

Cops can only rely on each other. There was NO reason or excuse for this. True story or not, the LT's ID should have been sufficient for a "Warn and Admonish".

I hope this incident weighs heavy on Burgos. Although since he's the type to do this in the first place... I DOUBT IT!

My respects to the Bello Family. This Trooper should no longer be working as a LEO. Writing another MOS to advance your career should be the last thing on your mind. Let alone a MOS who is stating that his son (Active MOS) was in a car collision. Bad judgement on this Troopers part.

-NYC Investigator-

sarge

From your post I see you also enjoy writing citations to other law enforcement officer.......I have had two seperate partners
    get banged by FHP for speeding while on there way to vacation in florida......and both were going with the flow of traffic when they were stopped.......

Ok, lets all agree that what that one trooper did was way off the chain. But lets not bash all FHP troopers. Please tell me that we as LEO's can see beyond one or two bad apples. I work for a large city and get to drive a marked car home through an adjoining county. I try to respect the FHP and SO units I see on my way home by not blowing their doors off. I expect the same from them in my city. Its a mutual respect thing. I DO NOT advocate writing cops. The word brotherhood means something. When I was involved in a traffic crash on I-75 and flown to the hospital, one of the first people I saw when I woke up was a trooper. He had my gunbelt and vest which EMS had removed. He shook my hand, told me to get well cause we're all in this together, gave me a half grin and said 'Be seeing ya'. He could have stroked me a ticket for the crash. He didn't. Don't lump each bad cop in with the whole agency cause trust me y'all, each agency has their own basket of dirty laundry. For God's sake be safe.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast