Useless Agency - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Useless Agency

Re: to yes you need us!

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Taxpayer
    Everything you wrote about can be carried out by other Agencies, (Sheriffs, FWCC). You proved my point, I don't want my money thats being set aside for polluters and dumpers to be spent on traffic enforcement!!!!
    Ok tell me your job and Ill bet I can find another company or sub contractor who will do the same thing. Traffic Enforcement is needed just as any other aspect of LE. SHeriffs can most likely carry the entire State but Legislature feels diffrent thats why we have, Environmental,Agriculture,Wildlife,Highway. We all have a specialty but we enforce everything.

To Guest, How many felony Environmental cases have you made in the past month, year......career?? Let me guess 1 maybe 2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Everything you wrote about can be carried out by other Agencies, (Sheriffs, FWCC). You proved my point, I don't want my money thats being set aside for polluters and dumpers to be spent on traffic enforcement!!!!
    Ok tell me your job and Ill bet I can find another company or sub contractor who will do the same thing. Traffic Enforcement is needed just as any other aspect of LE. SHeriffs can most likely carry the entire State but Legislature feels diffrent thats why we have, Environmental,Agriculture,Wildlife,Highway. We all have a specialty but we enforce everything.
    I'm in the retail industry, which means I have to provide my customers with what they pay for. If I fail to do this then they will go to others for the product that I'm not providing. Hence, Department of Environmental Protection conducting boating and traffic stops equals to no time left for Waste Dumpings, Dry Cleaner run-offs, Illegal vegetation removal..... Get the point SHERLOCK!!!

Hey guest you have no clue

Dear guest,

Have you even bother to research your comments of just what FDEP does. Its obvious you have not. There is much more than dumping and waters. That is obviously your own narrow minded conclusion. I encourage you to educate yourself and go to FDEP website www.myflorida.com and click on it from there.

You will note there is much more than your stigmata responses offer. Evironmental means just that. Vessel Enforcement- IE safety checks..Polluting waterways with boats if they arent maintained and inspected, trails and aaaaaaatv as Hunters and People tear down our greenways. Maybe you should look at the big picture.

Signed,,

SHERLOCK

I'm in the retail industry, which means I have to provide my customers with what they pay for. If I fail to do this then they will go to others for the product that I'm not providing. Hence, Department of Environmental Protection conducting boating and traffic stops equals to no time left for Waste Dumpings, Dry Cleaner run-offs, Illegal vegetation removal..... Get the point SHERLOCK!!![/quote]

Typical response from someone who has no concept of Law Enforcement other than Friday night at the movies. Stick with Retail and Ill sticl with Law Enforcement.

DEP provides just fine but you obviously have no idea of that, We have Regulatory and Enforcement. Does Retail teach you the difference??

To concerned tax payer -

Don’t be too disappointed by the few knee-jerk responses you’ve been getting to your concerns. I can tell you for certain that a lot of us here are as frustrated with the waste and mismanagement as you are. We know we could be doing much more, but we're stuck with a boss who, to put it kindly, isn’t rowing with both oars in the water. Sorry.

Concerned taxpayer

Alright, I have sat in the wings and listened to your crap long enough... time to vent. I'm sorry that you got booted out of your LEO job and now you and Al Bundy are in the retail business together selling shoes; however, just because you got a ticket you don't think you deserved (that's never happened before) doesn't mean that limiting our powers will be a green light for you to continue to drive like an ________.
    As far as taxpayers getting their monies worth, my partner and I have arrested 11 people already this year for Felony Environmental Crimes. In addition, our referrals and assistance to regulatory in investigations has netted over $300,000.00 in fines levied to violators. In addition to that our assistance to local S.O.'s, P.D.'s and other state and Federal agencies has resulted in another 24 felony arrests. This is just 2 people out of one office.
    Yes, we have problems at DEP just like other LEO agencies, but we have brought ourselves to rise above the selfish motivations of a few to give the TAXPAYERS their just service; even when we have to deal with people like you.

Greetings taxpay. Just a few things "listening" forgot to explain to you. Law enforcement and regulatory are separate divisions. Most of the cases we refer to them would have endend up there even if we didn't exist. Some of those cases actually started there, came to us, and then got sent back to them. And, since we have no control in determing civil regulatory penalties, it is disingenuous to suggest that we deserve credit for them. We're glad to help out other agencies and we do them some good, but it is misleading to suggest that our assistance is pivotal to them making arrests or successfully concluding their investigations. Since he didn't give you the details, I guess you'll just have to take his word for the 11 felony arrests he mentions. You might have noticed that he didn't say anything about our high turn-over rate and low morale. And if you want to know about selfish motivations, do a public records request for our divisions salaries for the past five years and see how much of the rate money went to the officers and agents in the field, and how much of it went into the pockets of the top brass. You'd also find it interesting to check out their travel expenditures of the brass, like, where they go, where they stay, and why they go in the first place. Ever hear of traveling to a resort city and staying at a nice hotel to hold meetings about issues that you could have resolved in a thirty minute teleconference? That's just scratching the surface.

Man what a bunch of job scared wanna bes! I appreciate the civilized feed back on my subject, from the ones that actually understand my objective. To the few "wanna bes", as I previously wrote, I was a POLICE OFFICER for over 15 years, and got tired of only making 40 to 50,000 per year. Futhermore, I may not understand looking for a lost picnic basket with Boo Boo, but i do understand that the boating checks and hunter issues should be carried out by the FWCC and traffic enforcement by real COPS!!! I simply would like my money spent on REAL Environmental cases (as one of the previous posters mentioned)instead of a few cry baby rent-a-cops that run around and try to enforce actual Statutes Or Administrative Codes, again divert those responsibilities to the rightful Agencies. Once again I DID NOT GET A CITATION THAT PROVOKED THIS CONCERN! Thanks once more for enlighting me on the fact that we do still have ACTUAL Environmental Cases being worked, it is somewhat reassuring!!

Sure you did

Man what a bunch of job scared wanna bes! I appreciate the civilized feed back on my subject, from the ones that actually understand my objective. To the few "wanna bes", as I previously wrote, I was a POLICE OFFICER for over 15 years, and got tired of only making 40 to 50,000 per year. Futhermore, I may not understand looking for a lost picnic basket with Boo Boo, but i do understand that the boating checks and hunter issues should be carried out by the FWCC and traffic enforcement by real COPS!!! I simply would like my money spent on REAL Environmental cases (as one of the previous posters mentioned)instead of a few cry baby rent-a-cops that run around and try to enforce actual Statutes Or Administrative Codes, again divert those responsibilities to the rightful Agencies. Once again I DID NOT GET A CITATION THAT PROVOKED THIS CONCERN! Thanks once more for enlighting me on the fact that we do still have ACTUAL Environmental Cases being worked, it is somewhat reassuring!!

Yep You answered my question FROMER COP of 15 years and now youre in Retail,, Oh yeah theres a pay raise. Hey gomer sell that crap to someone else and try another board. Your ideas of LE are most likely why your not wearing a badge and gun.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast