Any Mitrovica officers?

Any Mitrovica officers?

I just wanted to see if any officers who served in Kosovo (UNMIK/CIVPOL) are on here. I was in Mitro region 1999/2000.

Applying for UN Police

Can you give me any kind of info on how to become a DOD Police Officer?

Mitrovica-Toughest Region, Toughest Cops!!

Just a Pristina HQ pogue myself. 07/01 to 02/03.

Re: Any Mitrovica officers?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    I just wanted to see if any officers who served in Kosovo (UNMIK/CIVPOL) are on here. I was in Mitro region 1999/2000.
    I was the Senior Investigator for PSU in Pristina 2004-05

G Cook

Kosovo

just returned from my second mission in Kosovo, Prizren region, first was 2002-2004 and this last one 2005-2006. Was a great experience, loved Prizren Region. Latest word is that EU will take over in July, but I would not hold my breath on that, too many things still out of order for them to accept the mission from the UN anytime soon. Good thing is that they are saying US CIVPOL will remain even when EU takes over. CPI was a great company to work for. mike h.

Was in Vucitrn/Vushtri in Mitrovica region, in 2000-2001. Had a great time, misson was fun but Kosovo was pretty much a dump. Has anyhting improved/changed in 6 years or still a dump?

Mitrovica

I Was in Mitrovica 2000/2002. Interesting place to work.

Still a dump

The whole country is still a mess. If anything infrastructure is getting worse. The power situation is horrible with some area having power for 1-2 hours a DAY.

When I was there, I started saying. " If they can keep the power on for 24 hrs without interuption, I'll change my mind and favor independence".

I was there 2004-2005.

It's 2007 and they still can't keep the power on all day

What a shame. Its a beautiful place and teh people are interesting if a little backwards.

I agree if teh electricity situation were corrected they would have a chance to enter the second world, new opportunities. as long as it stays in the dark though it will remain a third world dump.

Re: Any Mitrovica officers?

I served with RIU Team 3 in Mitro North Station in 2000. I loved it there and hated to come home. Rented a house on the south side with a couple of Americans and a German. We all enjoyed our tour and most of us remain in contact. I really loved working at the Zubin Potoc station. People were great.