Road Deputy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Deputy

Road Deputy

How many road deputies are you short?

Are you actively hiring road deputies?

We are always short but that is the nature of the beast. We have a bunch in FTO but that usually takes 4 months. We have been sending 7 to 9 to the academy each session. We are short still and I think they might even start over hiring to help catch up as people always leave, retire or get fired. We have many specialty units, such as traffic that they want to expand and need to get up to staff, which takes from the road. We are also probably going to be doubling our corrections staff in the next two years as they are building on to the jail which will double it's size. Apply now because it takes approx. 6 months sometines to get through the background. We should be getting a $4,500.00 raise in October and possibly life insurance for retires in the future.

Do you have any positions for a deputy that are 8 hour shifts? 12 hours is too much for me. Thanks

nope, all are 12 hour shifts. If u continue on and get into one of the specialty units, then they are 8.5 hour days. Most agencies are either 10 or 12 hour shifts on the road because it uses less people. Besides, the time off is pretty good with the 12 hour shifts.

Are you kidding me? Would you rather work 5 days everyweek, and probably have no weekends off as a new guy, or work 5 one week, and 2 the next with a 3 day weekend. It's probably the best rotation if you want a vacation. Trust me, 5 days of road patrol in a row would wear you out.

road deputy input please

how rigorus is the hiring process, i am certified and possess a 2yr degree with a squeeky clean backround. what is the most challenging part of the process ie oral board, psych.... and are most of the guys happy with the agency, would you suggest sarasota s.o.? any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

CCSO

Dear Inquirer,
    You sound like you have your stuff together, so you must ask yourself; Do I want to do real police work and not have to be ashamed of where I where I work when I meet people from other agencies? Do I want to work in a place where the rules change every week because no one over the rank of Leiutenant knows what they are doing? Do I want to work in a do as I say, not as I do agency? Hmmmm.... Think about when your old and retired. Do you want to have to say I worked for Charlotte County S.O.? People will look at you like this :? and ask you, Where the F___ is that? Only two things come outa Charlotte County; Stears and Queers... The latter are our Sheriff and Chief Deputy, so you'll have to be a Steer! :lol:

SARASOTA SO?

THANKS.... WELL WOULD YOU STEER ME TOWARDS SARASOTA SO, OR ARE THEY JUST AS BAD? I KNOW THEY ARE MUCH LARGER BUT I WONDER HOW IT IS TO WORK THERE....??

Re: SARASOTA SO?

Trust me they have many more problems, go read their board, but be skeptical. And I highly doubt that bonehead that responded to you works for us. He doesn't sound like a steer, if you know what i'm saying. He also forgot to tell you that we just received a $4500 raise on Oct. 1st, despite several budget cuts from other county agencies by the commission.
    From a person that has worked for 4 sheriff's, this one has been the best so far. Sure, we have our problems like other departments do, but morale has been much better in the past few years. The deputies you'll work with are the best around, and are just good people. Charlotte County is booming in growth, and if you plan on staying here for a while, sit back and watch this county get huge. The Sheriff is also big on college grads, which is evident by our many promotions of younger deps who took the time to study hard.

Why not go on a ride along with a deputy some time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast