CRIST WANTS LESS GOVERNMENT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I AM FOR SMALLER GOVERNMENT AND HOPE THAT OUR DEPARTMENT IS ABOLISHED TO THE PRIVATE OR COUNTY LEVEL. I HOPE THAT THEY TAKE SPECIAL RISK AWAY AND JUST ABOLISH THE WHOLE CORRECTIONAL PROBATION CERTIFICATION. WE SHOULD BE MERGED WITH JUVENILE JUSTICE AND SAVE THE STATE LOTS OF MONEY.
    You're an IDIOT Pork Barrel. Why don't you take your pig slop to another website. You obviously don't work for us, and are probably under supervision. By the way, you're going to have to drop a urine tomorrow. :twisted:

You tell him parrothead!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

when you privatize law enforcement things like prisons or felony probation you get trouble because the companies only want a profit and will sacrifice anything to make its profit larger - look at some of the stuff at the Jimmy Ryce center and the privatized Prisons even though they get the more manageable prisoners. Some things are better left not privatized.
    I agree. As a law and order conservative Republican, I'm not a big fan of privatizing core functions of government - justice, roads, prisons, etc.

Outsourcing the Personnel, purchasing, etc, I have no problem with - but the core functions, I do.

Yes, the private prisons get the cream of the prisoner crop (if there is such a thing) and I've heard many senior level people say that thier costs are really not much different than state prisons.

when you privatize law enforcement things like prisons or felony probation you get trouble because the companies only want a profit and will sacrifice anything to make its profit larger - look at some of the stuff at the Jimmy Ryce center and the privatized Prisons even though they get the more manageable prisoners. Some things are better left not privatized.
    I agree. As a law and order conservative Republican, I'm not a big fan of privatizing core functions of government - justice, roads, prisons, etc.

Outsourcing the Personnel, purchasing, etc, I have no problem with - but the core functions, I do.

Yes, the private prisons get the cream of the prisoner crop (if there is such a thing) and I've heard many senior level people say that thier costs are really not much different than state prisons.
    they had studies that showed the savings were almost nothing, like in the 2% range and it was supposed to be at least 7%
    I think to meet requirements, which they never have.

Don't be cry-babies. Buy some stock in Wackenhut and vote for Crist. You'll get rich along with the politicians.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    This whole thread is premised on Crist being the next Governor. Which he won't be.
    Privatizing is the wrong way to go. We don't need 'less' government, we need 'efficient' government. The two are not the same.
    If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
    Louis D. Brandeis
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mystikwarrior
    This whole thread is premised on Crist being the next Governor. Which he won't be.
    Privatizing is the wrong way to go. We don't need 'less' government, we need 'efficient' government. The two are not the same.
    Unless things change a lot, you are mistaken on that my friend...

Crist will be the next Governor. Dont need privatizing however.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    Crist will be the next Governor.
    We'll revisit this thread in November
    If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
    Louis D. Brandeis
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12