HurricaneWatchOrder

HurricaneWatchOrder

Ok Chief! We will get right on that! ...you think we will have enough officers on the street after a hurricane to answer all the calls and work the gas lines? Let me check that muthafukin house for you too!

(Article in newsjournal says officers will check houses for city residents after storm)

You gotta wonder what they were smoking when they thought of this. I guess that we'll wait for the National Guard to show up so we can get right on it! I'm sure that it sounds good to the citizens but give us a break, some of us don't even get to check on our own homes for days.

Storm Check Program Offers Peace of Mind When You Evacuate

When you've evacuated before a storm, not knowing the damage it's caused after it's passed can be nerve-racking.
    This hurricane season, local police are offering to check on your home while your away.

Catherine Sampson enjoys the clear, sunny day and hopes storms steer clear this hurricane season. But, if one does threaten our area, she'll be gone.

Catherine Sampson/Pensacola Resident: "I don't take a chance of staying here in Florida."

Catherine always evacuates to Atlanta when storms approach but, worries about her home after they pass.

Catherine: "I just can't hardly wait to get back home to see what's going on."

With the Pensacola Police Department's new "Storm Check Program," she can find out, while she safely sits hundreds of miles away.

Asst. Chief Chip Simmons/Pensacola Police Department: "What we wanted to do was to give peace of mind to those who are forced to evacuate during a storm."

Assistant Chief Chip Simmons says all you have to do is sign-up for "Storm Check" at the police department or at pensacolapolice.com every time severe weather targets the coast.

Submit your address, contact information and evacuation destination.

After a storm, officers will drive by your home as soon as they can and let you know about any exterior damage.

Simmons: "We'll be able to call them or email them a quick rundown of their home. And perhaps they won't have to rush home to check on their house."

Catherine: "Yeah,that's a good idea very good idea. Cause I'm anxious to know what's going on back home."

Andrew McIntosh/Reporting: "The Storm Check Program is open only to Pensacola residents. If you're not sure whether you live in the city limits, just check your garbage can. If you have a black container, you qualify."

Catherine plans on signing up and looks forward to a little less post-storm stress.

http://www.pensacolapolice.com/hurricane.asp

Hurricane checks

This stupid plan had to been the brain child of Mathis. This will be his way of finding out which liquor stores were not damaged. The PPD is 20 down and now they start this; my prediction-by the middle of hurricane there wont be enough officers on the department to direct traffic. WAY to go Johnny Boy, you have single handedly destroyed an entire police department..

hurricane mess

So who's going to be running the shelters, if the officers are driving around checking on people's houses?

Rookie, you guys didnt run the shelters before this policy, so give it a break.

You havent been arounde long enough to complain yet.

Whos gonna run the shelters? The answer is simple, the same ones who ran them during Erin, Opal and Ivan. While the patrolmen are out in the heat, getting filthy and eating anything handed down to them the admin. will be in the A/C, eating hot meals from the Red Cross. Now will they be working, hell no they will just be a presence. Rest assured, if something happens in a shelter the first thing they will do is call a patrolman. T.O.