New Chief ....any changes???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Chief ....any changes???

Heard you have a new boss, any changes ?????

Not yet...he has only been here a week, but we like what we see so far. I think this place is gonna start changing for the better

Changes

still nothing?????

Plenty of changes,,,thing are looking good

Well, i think those changes are starting to die down. Has anyone really seen an effort for retention of the current officers? Other than the massive 3% lower than cost of living raise.

Well I have to agree on the raises, I left USF PD for two reasons; horrible pay raises...starting officer pay was about equal to someone that has been there about 5yrs..., and the fact that aggresive police work wasnt liked. From what I've heard, all the new Chief cares about is aggressive Traffic Law Enforcement!.... what a change!, all ll I have to say is "Great!, its about time!" When I was working there the main thing they cared about was building security checks and pleasing the the USF Administration. Had there been the new changes in the Department , I might of stayed, but then again...the pay isn't competitive for the long run.

Yes, the pay is not competitive, and some of us think what's going on with the traffic enforcement is Overzealous. There are more than one of us that think that the new Chief is Overzealous. We are also seeing increasing problems with the draft situation. Rumor has it that we are going to be drafted for shift work that is non reimersible. In the introductory meeting with the the new Chief, he said that he was going to work on the Draft situation, so we wouldnt be Drafted as much, especially on our three day weekend off, but it seems to be getting worse. Don't be suprised if you see a few people leave in the next six months to a year...is retention still a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yes, the pay is not competitive, and some of us think what's going on with the traffic enforcement is Overzealous. There are more than one of us that think that the new Chief is Overzealous. We are also seeing increasing problems with the draft situation. Rumor has it that we are going to be drafted for shift work that is non reimersible. In the introductory meeting with the the new Chief, he said that he was going to work on the Draft situation, so we wouldnt be Drafted as much, especially on our three day weekend off, but it seems to be getting worse. Don't be suprised if you see a few people leave in the next six months to a year...is retention still a problem?
    Why don't they hire a few more officers to help with the staffing shortage?

new leo's

There are a few new guys now, but we have to keep what we have. Give it time.

give it time...meaning you think you will lose them? or give it time....until the staff shortage is worked out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast