Are Detectives Authorized To Expose Their Weapon ON DUTY? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Some establishments have it in their actual company policy to give LEOs discounts. Some businesses even have their cash registers programmed to reflect these discounts(e.g. a "uniformed officer" button the cashiers press when ringing up the sale). If its the policy of that business to offer LEOs a break, whats the big deal ? Its not like the manager of Cracker Barrel is giving cops free food to sit in his parking lot and keep an eye on things in return for the complimentary meal. Give it a rest already.....

If you are a sworn law enforcement officer (detective, training bureau, et.al.,) and are in a public establishment during your normal business hours, in a capacity where you need to wear a uniform, badge, insignia, etc., then you better be armed. It is terrible officer safety to walk into a public arena with sheriff's office related attire (like a polo with a star on it, or even just for you to be recognized as a LEO!) without your weapon and accompanying ID (Badge). I carry on and off duty. Off duty, of course, concealed. But I'll be damned if I am going to get caught in a public place while I'm working as a robbery or other crime goes down and just sit idly by. Anyone who thinks this looks unprofessional or has a problem with it needs to crawl out from under their rock. I'm sure you'd be first to sue if you knew a cop was in the restaurant you were in (on or off duty) and he/she took no action because he/she didn't want to jeapordize a situation since he/she was not armed.
    As far as the discount slam goes, yes, some establishments offer discounts to LEOs on duty. But a LEO doesn't select a restaurant based on discount, it's based on WTH you want to eat that day! I'm sure some LEOs don't follow this code, but what can you do.
    Your initial post resounded of sarcasm and negativity, so maybe if you practiced a little tact before you type, or learn to better convey your thoughts online.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123