Union vote turnout

Union vote turnout

Well not a stellar showing at the union vote. :? Maybe some more t-shirts and pens next time, that might get the votes! :lol: Well all I can say is that if "no" is going to be the vote of those 90 that didn't show up then they need to put it on paper. I don't think we have as many issues as out brothers on the road that the union will address (not that we don't have our issues). If we do get the union then please give me more vacation, a raise, a take home car like the road, or maybe just a gas card, 12 hour shifts, day shift, comfortable chairs in the pods, better training, take home guns, more stuff to put on my bat belt, better diners in the 5 star cafe, less inmates, a rain coat for rainy days, cool hats, a coin to call my own (I'm even willing to tell a secret for the coin..... deputies hang out in the vestibules sometimes and bs), two deputies in central control, a deputy in booking who will answer the phone, more smoke breaks, facial hair (for men only), a cool tatoo, more parking space, personal days in lieu of sick days to be taken at will & in addition to my vacation days, move training back to Gowers corner, more incentive classes, hire more deputies, and finally can I have a new FOP sticker for my car's plate so I won't get stopped when I speed! Thanks and see you at the polls.

JUst a hack,

you sure do want alot of stuff for not wanting a union. Sounds like you are kidding, but then again you bring up good points. Some of those items are things that could be obtained in the future if we had someone to ask for them, at the current time you don't have anyone at all to back you up and speak out for you on issues like disciplinary and those items you need to perform your job. No union means that as well, verses at least having someone that will stand up and ask tha administration for those things you think you need in order to do your job. No one is telling you that you will get everything you ask for but then again you wont get much either without someone asking for it either.