Joe Durkin's Farwell

Joe Durkin's Farwell

After 11 years as a civilian and 23 years total service to the City of Tampa, I have submitted my letter of retirement effective June 2, 2006 to Tampa Fire Rescue Chief Dennis Jones to pursue other opportunities.

I want to personally thank Dennis Jones and all the members of Tampa Fire who from the first day had welcomed and embraced me into their department. Although my time with Tampa Fire Rescue was short, I feel extremely fortunate to have capped off my career with the city working for an outstanding organization and an exceptional leader.

To the men and women of the Tampa Police Department: For the past several years it has been a privilege and honor of representing Tampa’s Finest during the best of times and in those tragic moments of our department’s history.

I always strived to present Officers and the Department in the best possible light by presenting the story from the Officers’ perspective to the media and public we serve. I feel I was successful in my role only because of the outstanding job you all do on a daily basis.

As I look forward to starting a new career, I want to thank all the employees who have given me tremendous support during my time with the Tampa Police Department. Stay safe and remember to look out for each other.

All the best~

Joe

Joe Durkin
    Special Projects
    Office of Emergency Management
    Tampa Fire Rescue
    808 E. Zack Street
    EMail: Joseph.Durkin@Tampagov.net
    Office: (813) 274-8175
    Fax: (813) 274-7144
    Cell: (813) 310-8197

Joe,

Though I didnt know ya well, It was a pleasure. Everytime I saw you on the news you did present officers and the dept. in the best light possible, even under some bad circumstances. God bless and good luck in your future endeavors.

Last laugh

The ultimate irony is Joe is laughing all the way to the bank. After getting screwed by a person who has zero credibility with either the troops or the media, Joe is moving on to a great new job that trumps little Miss McElroy's pathetic little kingdom. Sometimes the good guys DO win.

where

where is he going?

BRIGHTHOUSE !