Blowing Smoke - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blowing Smoke

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Those are a lot of good points. Will any of them be seriously addressed...NO!. What was the staff reaction to those aweful drug dealers (who by the way have been dealing drugs in the area since crack was invented)?

The typical response of course... right from the SPPD Management by Crisis Manual. Assign an officer to stay in the area around the clock to guard one house and deter crime (the tax base in the area should cover the expenses). Unless I'm getting senile, didn't we do the same thing in the same area when some guy got shot and killed a few years ago.

No problem. When all of the available officers are assigned to their Emergency Crisis Containment Positions (2/26, Chinook Apts, Sweetbay, Baywalk, etc), we can just use the new NR-99 code (call does not rate a police response) to clear all the calls for service.
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    a young lady was attacked by an "alleged" drug dealer yeaterday, and another home was burglarized today in Palmetto Park. so in two weeks, thats 4 burglaries, 2 fire bombs, 2 broken windows, 1 beating, and thats all thats been reported, oh, not to mention the continued death threats.................. and the crack... so where is the problem, is it
    A: Baker
    B: Go
    C: Harmon
    D: All of the above?

The lack of response from the local gov is strange, isnt this neighborhood in the Mayors golden MIDTOWN? Now who is going to go shopping in grand central or pay $400,000 for a closet sized condo when there are crack heads standing at the back door? :?

"what would be some key issues to address? what would a hypothetical sign say?"

SPPD Administration: Supporting crack dealers, crack users, burglars and auto thieves one officer complainant at a time!

SPPD IA investigations and BI investigations. You don't want to come in and file a written complaint? That's all right, we'll come to you, we are a full service complaint agency and CELO certified.

No that's not a typo, CELO, thats Can't Enforce Laws or Ordinanaces..........certified.........thank you Mayor Baker! I hope your political career TANKS after your term as mayor is over! You have never, never, never supported the officers in this city! I hope your lax enforcement (and excessive officer discipline) nets you a huge riot and you take all the well deserved blame!

Internal Affairs as a tactical weapon

If Cheif Harmon were half as tough on the local criminal element as he is on officers, the Palmetto Park problems would not have existed this long. Read the tea leaves, Mayor Baker. Get a new chief, from the outside, with a track record for enforcement - and then let him/her do the job.

I Am Too A Leader

You got it all wrong...I am a leader. "Go" told me I am. And people listen to me. Internal Affairs listens to me, the counter person at Chuck E Cheez listens to me. Maybe I'll recruit a new officer to be my undercover snitch and catch the bad boys in the SPPD trying to be real cops. Maybe I'll replace all the squad cars with golf carts. That will stop any pursuits. And squirt guns...yeah, instead of Tasers. "Go" will like that idea.

Wow...that's too much thinking at one time. Off to Sweet Bay for more sticky buns!

Chief Gelding...shootin' blanks and takin' names!

When Baker hangs all the screwups on Chucky and fires his hillbilly ass, he's making me the chief! Then....lookout!

Skreet justice, nomsayin?
    You naysayers who be talkin bout me sowin my oats and beatin my wives, I comin for you. Im above the law! I'm above the THIRD floor, I am the FORF FLOOR!

Drug Raid in Palmetto Park

I guess those screwy neighbors in Palmetto Park will know I'm one tough hombre, now that I hogged the show on that drug raid last night. I hope they don't find out the ATF was the lead agency. Now I can go back to ignoring that neighborhood and have some fun. "Go" is taking my to my personal pizza heaven today for lunch, and I get lots of tokens to play games for being a good boy.

Chief Gelding...shootin' blanks and takin' names!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12