Lowest Number of Officers per Capita
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowest Number of Officers per Capita

Yep, the "City of Progress" strikes again . . . usually I am the last person to validate anything reported in the St. Pete Slimes, but they got this one right. We have the same number of people working the street for the last 10 years. With the aggressive annexations and the affordable living options drying up county-wide, Largo is one of the last petri-dish housing options available.

The Commissioners and his Stanton-ness should be ashamed of themselves . . . if they had gotten off the collective City wallet & funded just one more officer for each of the last 10 years, we could actually be safer and better prepared for serving our citizens.

Not only are we top heavy, just pay a visit to the prairie dog looking Sgt. Compound (what's the span of control 4?), we are POP heavy. What are the 6 golden children really doing? Certainly not assisting the road like our fearless leader promised at another "I love the press photo-op".

Wake up Commissioners, your 'destination downtown' will never happen with stats like this one . . . protect and serve can't happen when during madatory recert we can't even street minimums . . . Hey, thanks for the support.

I agree that we are understaffed and over supervised. I take some umbrage with the POP remarks. SOME of them have been very active on the road and doing great work. No, I am not a member of POP, I just recognize good work for what it is.

Yeah, there are some on the squad who are just this side of useless, but then, someone has to lead the tour groups around.

Give us more PATROL cops and some detectives (a pawn detective should be a priority.)

How about creating reasons for good officers to stick around. Maybe a damn computer or a take home car. How about a contract that doesn't suck. I would like to see more options as far as units go but with this ridiculous staffing it will never happen. Ohh and maybe another Sgt or two, I don't feel as though they are supervising as well as they could if we had a few more. :roll:

expository writing

"Prarie Dog Sgt Compound" - now THAT'S good writing!!!

POP vs Staffing

Ok, I know we have a grant and don't want to lose it, but how hard is it to see these people aren't pulling their weight. When we are so short of staffing, why can't they see that assigning 2 POP to each shift and making them accountable to that shift LT is the direction that needs to go. The Capt is too busy with other stuff to watch over them. All I ever see those POP guys do is walk around in Bicycle Clothes but never any bicycles, then they put on parties for the city or monitor the radio to takeover other peoples arrest :cry: . When was the last time they were assigned real problems to work. Lets face it, there are alot of people that work very hard to switch units to find where they can get away from taking reports. Thank Goodness it looks like a new Sgt is going to that Unit, maybe they'll help out the patrol units then. :cry:

Pop Tarts

POP's not getting a new Sgt. . . they're sticking with the 'acting', so status quo there. Come on you're overlooking the memo from a few weeks back, we're getting 3 more officers! That should bring us up to staffing levels needed in 1995?

Revolving Door

But we lost one today. . .

who left today?

buh bye

415...and good riddens

oops, sorry. I was too busy being hateful to realize how stupid I look spelling riddance the wrong way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast